Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currenty run 2 fuel feed lines to the front (one -6 line for the new pump, and the stock line for the current pump of the car)
I was thinking about just using one Y adaptor to the outlets of the two pumps with in the tank and then run a single
-8 line forward.
This line will then get split again after the fuel filter into another Y adaptor and then into separate -6 lines and run to each end of the fuel rail.

will i gain anything from doing this and will this help in the equalizing the fuel pressure that each end of the rail will see's?

I was also told that with setup i can also turn on or off the the second pump only when needed with my aem ecu at a cetain amount of boost unlike my current setup.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I often wonder about this myself. Very good question:) I'm running Dual -6an steel braided fuel lines with twin fuel filters to my fuel rail. The only difference I can see in your system would be cuting out one of the fuel filters. I doubt there would be a measurable gain.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think you might actually loose some full-flow up top due to going into a Y setup. the two -6 lines are the way to go. combined they add up to a -12. compared to 2 -6's running into only a -8. just change your stock line to another -6. when i was back into domestics everone would get better performance running true dual exhaust comparied to x-design exhaust systems. its basic physics!

·
boost is good
772 Posts
t88 mayhem said:
i think you might actually loose some full-flow up top due to going into a Y setup. the two -6 lines are the way to go. combined they add up to a -12. compared to 2 -6's running into only a -8. just change your stock line to another -6. when i was back into domestics everone would get better performance running true dual exhaust comparied to x-design exhaust systems. its basic physics!
im no expert here but adding two -6 lines together to be equivlent to a -12 just doesnt seem right to me.

and the stock fuel line is pretty close to the internal diameter of a -6 so adding another braided -6 would pretty much be extra work and money...

about the question at hand, since you already have it set up with a -6 and stock line i wouldnt even bother messing with it....are you having problems with the way you have it now?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gritsak said:
im no expert here but adding two -6 lines together to be equivlent to a -12 just doesnt seem right to me.

and the stock fuel line is pretty close to the internal diameter of a -6 so adding another braided -6 would pretty much be extra work and money...

about the question at hand, since you already have it set up with a -6 and stock line i wouldnt even bother messing with it....are you having problems with the way you have it now?
no problems ..yet but im just thinking about it thats it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I currently run the y-block in the tank and engine bay with an 8AN line between the two. I modfied the GE fuel rail to be dual feed center return; the OEM return line is all that I kept from the OEM fuel system. I use the AEM to turn on the 2nd pump at 11lbs of boost, and it works fine.

Would I do it again?... no. It probably took me 10 tries to get it right. Next time, I'd just run a second 6AN line, do the fuel dampener bypass, and "T" the feed lines just before the ends of the fuel rail keeping the GE fuel rail stock. I'd then run the T'd ends into *both* sides of an adjustable FPR.

-scott

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
I'm also thinking about doing this. I am running twin walbros (PHR stage 2).

Here is a quote from Drag Sport Magazine Issue #5.

"If the plumbing configuration has the two pumps fighting against each other (faced 180 degree apart) in a tee, the combined flow may be as low as just the flow capacity of a single pump. This is a plumbing "no-no." Never feed two sides of a tee or fuel rail from separate pumps. Instead, join the flow in a Y adapter and then later either feed the fuel rail from a single side or use another Y adapter to feed both ends of the fuel rail."

John

M

·
0 Posts
Frank....

Ranger498 said:
no problems ..yet but im just thinking about it thats it.
Sounds like you have some extra cash on hand which I could certainly help you spend wisely :D .....

I also noticed you said "no problems yet". if you want to do something to enhance or make sure your fuel system is up to snuff you can make sure your injectors are first sized to at least never to run a certain percentage of your maximum usage. There's a formula or number out there if you look for it. You can also make sure your injectors are cleaned and flowing correctly. There's a company right here in Connecticut that cleaned, balanced and blueprinted my 980cc Delphi injectors for a very reasonable price, you also get documtation of the before and after tests, parts that need to be replaced in the injectors will be replaced or new injectors will be replaced to make sure they all are within spec.

As far as the lines I'm leaving mine like yours. Oh, you might want to revisit that relay too, I can't remember which one you're using but it won't hurt to make sure it's sized correctly, grounded properly and is one of the higher quality ones out there.

Melvin

M

·
0 Posts
fuel

Ranger... I have recently made a new style fuel pump bracket, it has 3/8 Y ...
basically its a -8AN 90 degree fitting sitting on top , with 2 3/8 tubes brazed on to it which makes it a nice Y.

I am redoing my fuel systems with this new type :)

H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts