Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls,

I keep spotting 2 Supras in and around the Lewisville area.

#1 red one with polished TT wheels. - Who ever he is he won't stop and talk to anyone!

:) Hey man, everybody trying to talk to you isn't some highschool "Supra Groupie". Show a fellow MKIV brotha some love. Saw you cruising around Sunday after I had already put my dawg in the garage.

#2 is an Alpine Silver or Quicksilver that I've spotted on 121 twice just flat out raping the speed limit both times. Couldn't tell much about the driver either time.

Since there are a couple of efforts going to get a meet together, I thought I would try to round up some of the silent MKIVs to come out when the day is determined.

Help me trackem down boys,

Arch

·
Registered
827 Posts
The Quicksilver could have been me, but I sold it about 6 weeks ago. I live in Flower Mound and travel both 121 and 2499 regularly. I have a black MKIV now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool!

I already see that you're on the "DonkeyPunch" registry.

arch

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
How can you not tell the difference between QS and Alpine Silver?

never seen either of these cars but then again im not over in lewisville very often.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TT4U2NV said:
How can you not tell the difference between QS and Alpine Silver?

never seen either of these cars but then again im not over in lewisville very often.
What do ya know, the old MKIV.com site still comes in handy! Check out this link to see Quicksilver. I wish the Alpine Silver swash was still there but it only shows 1998 colors. http://www.mkiv.com/buy_a_supra/index.html

Quicksilver is a little darker than Alpine Silver.

The red car has to be a daily driver as much as I see it in the morning and sometimes in the evening. It's very clean though.

Arch

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Quicksilver has more of a brownish tint to it. Almost a champagne color in the silver. Where as Alpine silver is pretty much just silver.

My first post said how can you NOT tell the difference between the 2. They are nothing alike in my opinion.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, got ya. Well when it's flying by you going the other way at Mock 1 it's a little difficult man. I know the difference, I just couldn't tell in either situation.

Arch

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Oh i didnt read that part where he was flying down the highway.

Quicksilver is one of my favorite supra colors. UNFORTUANTELY, its almost impossible to duplicate, the same is true for RSP. Ive seen aftermarket paint jobs of both colors and they just never really look quite right.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed on the colors, I love them both. David up in Denton has a really nice RSP in his shop right now taking it to single. He shipped the car in and it was absolutely beautiful in the evening sun. Damn near flawless to.

Can't wait to get this local meet together. There should be some really nice cars there based on Allen's list so far. Hopefully we can get them all out.

Peace - Arch

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
SupVader said:
Agreed on the colors, I love them both. David up in Denton has a really nice RSP in his shop right now taking it to single. He shipped the car in and it was absolutely beautiful in the evening sun. Damn near flawless to.

Can't wait to get this local meet together. There should be some really nice cars there based on Allen's list so far. Hopefully we can get them all out.

Peace - Arch

That RSP is "Begones". He possts here sometimes. Don't worry ARch. I will get somethign together. I am now trying to get you guys to update the roll call on what areas you guys live. That way I can centralize a locataion to make it fair for eceryone. Yucatan was a very good suggestion.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Allen,

Add this guy. Hey doesn't post but he bought my old car and will come out. I talked to him yesterday. I''ve got his number and he will come out.

Jerome
1995 N/A - T Baltic Blue
T-78 single
Plano

Arch

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Hey arch,

How does the GT35r run on ur car? Someone talked to me about testing one on my supra a while back but i was like MEH, i didnt think it would make much power on the GTE.

Just curious what ur thoughts on it were.

Thats an interesting setup a t78 na-t. Never seen a turbo that big on that setup.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can ask David Stephens man, the GT35R setup that I have spools really quick with the auto and comes on like a freight train. It spools quicker than the stock twins and is in full boost at 4000 or less. I want to take it back to the dyno for some real numbers soon. He safe tuned it initially at 14.5PSI and it made 437 to the wheels. We dialed it up to 16 after he tuned it before he turned it over to me and he says that he thinks its making around 500+ now. It feels every bit like 500.

I remember a thread a while back that I posted on before I installed that thing of a guy up north who made 645HP with a GT35R with a smaller compressor and Turbine setup. He had 3" downpipe also. I have larger hot and cold side and 4" downpipe & midpipe.

I don't want to give speculated numbers, so quote me at the conservative 437RWHP right now till we get back to the dyno. I've been on the road for my job the last 3 weeks so as soon as I can get back and get a dyno date set, we'll go get something I can post. In the meantime just cruising around on Sunday I melted some hoses so I have some steel braid and heat wrap to order :).

Arch

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Hmmmmm. Not bad.

My gt62 made 510 at 17 lbs on a bone stock motor but im 6 spd and not auto. I also have a sorta crappy MAP ECU ( i hate that damn thing ) the A/F's cant get very straight cause theres only so much you can do. Im sure i could pull another 40 out of her with a stand alone.

well c how everything goes down the road.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well right now my MAP ECU is doing pretty good on the AFs. David tuned it, but he had to trash the stock OBD II 97 ECU and put an OBD I ECU in. That fixed a throttle response problem and straightened out the AFs. Don't know what year car you have. Maybe check that.

Hope that helps.

I'll keep you posted on future dyno results.

Arch

·
Registered
154 Posts
SupVader i stay in the flower mound aswell, but the car has been parked. didnt have any free time to drive it. Got the Car in Dec 07 and looking to get it swaped over to E85. Would love your help upgrading the fuel system if you can spare the time to pass me the info. I much rather pay the e85 price then for another fill up of race gas...but i dooo looovee the smmmeeeelllllllll :) But corn wouldnt be that bad either.

current system is Dual Intank walbros, -8 feed line splitting into titan -10 fuel rail, SX fuel filter/regulator, PTE 1000cc injectors

Engine-CP .020 8.5:1 pistons, eagle H-beam rods with arp bolts, clevite bearings,

Drivetrain - GM style flexplate, SFI spec bellhousing, PI 3600stall 9" converter, VWR driveshaft with billet 'donut' Auto 3.87 rear end,

AEM EMS with FIELDS HARNESS 5bar map sensor, GM IAT sensor. Dual Intank walbros, -8 feed line splitting into titan -10 fuel rail, SX fuel filter/regulator, PTE 1000cc injectors, stock coil packs/HKS DLI,
SP77 with .81 hotside.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SupVader i stay in the flower mound aswell, but the car has been parked. didnt have any free time to drive it. Got the Car in Dec 07 and looking to get it swaped over to E85. Would love your help upgrading the fuel system if you can spare the time to pass me the info. I much rather pay the e85 price then for another fill up of race gas...but i dooo looovee the smmmeeeelllllllll :) But corn wouldnt be that bad either.

current system is Dual Intank walbros, -8 feed line splitting into titan -10 fuel rail, SX fuel filter/regulator, PTE 1000cc injectors

Engine-CP .020 8.5:1 pistons, eagle H-beam rods with arp bolts, clevite bearings,

Drivetrain - GM style flexplate, SFI spec bellhousing, PI 3600stall 9" converter, VWR driveshaft with billet 'donut' Auto 3.87 rear end,

AEM EMS with FIELDS HARNESS 5bar map sensor, GM IAT sensor. Dual Intank walbros, -8 feed line splitting into titan -10 fuel rail, SX fuel filter/regulator, PTE 1000cc injectors, stock coil packs/HKS DLI,
SP77 with .81 hotside.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427200&page=9

Pretty radical with the external fuel tank, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
:) Hey man, everybody trying to talk to you isn't some highschool "Supra Groupie". Show a fellow MKIV brotha some love. Saw you cruising around Sunday after I had already put my dawg in the garage.
LOL at that comment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts