Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know of someone with a 2mm HG that theyd be willing to sell. I have had one on order for about 1.5 months now from a shop out here and found out that it is on backorder till the end of jan. After trying every shop that I could think of, nobody has the hks or greddy 2mm hg in stock. Right now I have the option of going with a 1.8, but I plan on running higher boost at the track and dont really want to be restricted by the thinner hg. The real problem is that I intend on starting the turbo conversion as of dec 26th and ending no later than the 12th of january, so I dont have too much time to play with any longer. If I can't get it done then, then I'll have to wait at least another 6 months before I can go at it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Drew

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
try ordering from a different shop; see how fast they can get it; i bet someplace like HPF or MVP prolly has it in stock

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried all of them, just abou 18 different companies throughout the nation, nobody had either. HPF told me they did, charged my card, then emailed me 2 hrs ago telling me that they screwed up and sold it to another guy last nite. All in all i tried every company on mkiv.com, as well as all others that I know of. Apparently its all on backorder till mid/late jan.

Drew

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
same thing happened to me in early july this year....ended up ordering the n/a-t h/g from sound performance for $320

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt realize they had one. What size is it? I'll go ahead and see what they have. THanks

Drew

Rocky28072 said:
same thing happened to me in early july this year....ended up ordering the n/a-t h/g from sound performance for $320

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
i measured it to be ~ 2.75 mm.....its 2 double stacked TT gaskets riveted together. They said its what they use on all their n/a-t conversions. Working fine on my car so far :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good. I gave em a call but they were already closed for the day, so we'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully itll work out. I've come so far, Id hate to have to postpone this install for another 6 months just because of one part. Thanks again for ur help

Drew

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey i have an Fmax 3mm headgasket. Wanted to put this in but decided to go with TT internals instead. Will sell it for $320 shipped from Hawaii. Let me know. Thanks.

Henson

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caught me a day too late. Already purchased the hg from sound performance, but i have a good feeling that u can find many others to jump on that.

Drew

is300 said:
Hey i have an Fmax 3mm headgasket. Wanted to put this in but decided to go with TT internals instead. Will sell it for $320 shipped from Hawaii. Let me know. Thanks.

Henson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts