Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first off i am very confused about how adjustable cam gears do thier jobs..i mean i did a search and couldnt find exactly what i wanted to know..my question is how do aftermarket cam gears work..especially if they are installed on a car with variable valve timing or other systems like it..i dont understand how the computer can adjust the cam timing while at the same time they have aftermarket cam gears that are already adjusted....wouldnt the ecu get confused or something because of this??. i dont understand how adjustable cam gears can work with those honda guys that put them on thier cars with vtec and stuff like that....also can someone quickly explain how adjusting the cam timing makes more power..and also can someone tell me if changing the octane alot can change the way the cam settings effect the performance...the reason i ask is becasue around here where i live i can buy either 93 octane or 94 octane from the pump....i was wondering if i will have to stick with one octane if i have a car with adjustable cam gears that are already set...also i was wondeirng the same thing if i have a boost cointroller and an s-afc alredy tuned..does the octane make a difference especially if i am runnig race gas sometimes...

ok i tired to explain as best as i could ..this might so like a newb question but whatever it is...

any info would be great..
thanx in advance
ant

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok

ok this is all good info and it cleared upo how they work together...but one thing i stillk didnt get answered was about the octane and fuel sttings for an s-afc and all that stuff

thanx
ant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.