Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the power wire on the clutch switch? the black (solid) or the black w/white stripe.
Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Clutch switch

If I remember correctly, the switch only closes the ground on a relay for the starting circuit. There is no power side. I will take a look at my wiring diagram and let you know if that is incorrect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Clutch switch

ASL MKIII said:
If I remember correctly, the switch only closes the ground on a relay for the starting circuit. There is no power side. I will take a look at my wiring diagram and let you know if that is incorrect.
This is correct. There is not 12V power going through the switch.... but this doesn't mean you can't use that switch for your 2 step. I have it hooked up this way with a relay.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you just need a set of dry contacts, basically closing a switch, wire your two step to both contacts, if this is the case you should have two wires. It doesn't matter which one.
This would work for an EVC or Greddy EBC.
If you have some other two step boost device that is looking for a 12v input let me know and we'll go from there... If there is only one wire and it is looking for a ground, you need to get an ohm meter and check for continuity from each contact to a ground. This would be a reading of 0 (Zero). Once you find the terminal with a continuity, wire your unit to the other one.

If this isn't clear let me know, dont try to make it work unless you are clear.
You can call me if you wish.
678-907-7133business cell
Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts