Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost for a tuner to program a 2 step into my AEM EMS? How do I know if my AEM have the 2 step feature? thanks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If I am not mistaken, all AEM units have the two step feature. I had my tuner configure it for me after he tuned the car. Only took two minutes to do.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Yes, all the AEM ECU's have the 2 step feature. It is very easy to setup, I don't think a tuner should be charging you for something like that!

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
What is a two step do you mean like a low boost pump gas setting then where you can switch it to high boost with race gas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is a two step do you mean like a low boost pump gas setting then where you can switch it to high boost with race gas?
A 2-step means a 2 step rev limiter. So you can build boost off the line for drag racing.

·
200+mph
738 Posts

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know a tuner in Socal that can program a 2 step onto my aem? Can I do it myself?

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Does anyone know a tuner in Socal that can program a 2 step onto my aem? Can I do it myself?

you could probably do it yourself. Or have you never changed anything in your AEM yourself ?

the 2step setup is here in the AEMPro

Setup>Rev Limiters>2step Rev limiter

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you probably do it yourself. Or have you never changed anything in your AEM yourself ?

the 2step setup is here in the AEMPro

Setup>Rev Limiters>2step Rev limiter
I have never changed anything on aem before. I would need a step by step instruction. haha

·
200+mph
738 Posts
Mine is setup like this

Option 2Step Rev limit

2Step input - Switch is Always OFF

2Step Fuel Cut - 10.000rpm

2Step Ignition Cut 5300rpm

2Step ok below VSS - 5 Mph

2Step Retard Rev 12.000rpm

and 2Step Rev limit Wizard is set to Level 3(has 10 levels by the way) level 3 is between Soft cut and Medium Cut and it builds 17 psi at level 3
Haven´t tried a higher level.

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Stupid question: Does building boost with a 2step have any negative affects on the engine aside from the resulting abuse as it launches from the line? Like does the loud pop & backfire hurt anything?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Stupid question: Does building boost with a 2step have any negative affects on the engine aside from the resulting abuse as it launches from the line? Like does the loud pop & backfire hurt anything?
It's a little harder on your exhaust valves, exhaust manifold and turbine wheel depending upon how it's setup and used

·
I blame the Midwest Sect.
1,097 Posts
the two step isnt that hard on the motor, its when you tag team it with anti-lag and retard the timing where its igniting after the exhaust valves are open is when it starts to get hard on the exhaust side of the motor

alpha, you have a ext. dump wastegate or an exhaust leak in that vid of your supra? :D there is some fire coming underneath your motor

·
200+mph
738 Posts
the two step isnt that hard on the motor, its when you tag team it with anti-lag and retard the timing where its igniting after the exhaust valves are open is when it starts to get hard on the exhaust side of the motor

alpha, you have a ext. dump wastegate or an exhaust leak in that vid of your supra? :D there is some fire coming underneath your motor

are you talking about my video off my Supra which i posted a streetfire link off above ?

if you are and you probably are because it´s the only video in this thread that shows any flames :) Then yes i have a external wastegate with a dumptube

·
Registered
327 Posts
Eh..the anti-lag isnt that bad as long as you don't stay on it for long. You should stage the car off the 2step, and then engage the anti-lag as a secondary form of launch control for the 'full boost' launching. You won't hurt any parts that way.

·
I blame the Midwest Sect.
1,097 Posts
yea, i meant you Supra/Ice, my fault

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will get that calibration to you tonight

Below is a GST converted to AWD with a built 4G64, GT35R, etc. on the AEM EMS 2-step. I will post the video later. Made 20lbs on the two-step
Hey Alpha, thanks for programing the 2 step onto my ecu. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts