Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any tricks I'm not aware of to make more boost with a 2-step. This is how I have mine set, using an AEM. At 5000 rpm, I have the ignition set to cut 100% without cutting any fuel at all. I also have "anti-lag" retarding the timing 20 degrees while the 2 step is on. It was making around 7 psi in this configuration which I thought was decent but not great. I've made a lot more than that in the past. What I think might be the problem is that my BOV's are starting to open and I'm losing a lot of the boost. Anyone else have that happen? Aside from tightening each bov more, would it make sense to put a solenoid in the vacuum line controlling the bovs so they can't open while the 2-step is on?

-Paul

·
Registered
422 Posts
At 5000rpm 7 psi is better than I get. I have to rev to 6000 to get 7 psi.

The easiest way to build more boost is rev it higher...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, why would you want to unhook your bov? Wouldn't that kill the spooling between gears? I would think the surge would stop the turbo and make it go backwards. Then you'd have to wait for it to change directions again when you hit the gas. Maybe I'll just try it later and see what happens...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts