Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals;
I have heard a lot of folks talking about the different 2 step rev limiters available. Does anyone have any recommendations on what works best. If so, please support your reasoning. I am looking for whatever works best for the least cash output.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,097 Posts
The cheapest route is the MSD DIS-4, (2) 8912 tach adapters, and new coils.

I couldn't get mine to work with stock coils. :dunno:

The most expensive route is AEM EMS. ;)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
A system that could "act" like a 2 step control would be the Bee-R rev limiter. You can set it (while in neutral OR the clutch pressed in) at whatever rev limit you want so you can get those nice launches.

The MSD units are nice, but by the time you get around to buying all the items you need to complete the system you might as well of went standalone. Sometimes paying the premium gets you alot more in the long run.

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, thanks for the information. I will try to look into the Bee-r that you mentioned. It does seem that you have to buy an awful lot of MSD stuff just to get to that point, so I was looking for a cheaper route than that. There I go trying to get cheap again

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just checking out the Bee-r and it looks like it may work, however I have some concerns. First of all it looks like I may have to order it from overseas which makes me wonder about tech support if the need arises. Secondly, it looks like this unit would be used to limit upper RPM range unless I did some custom wiring to make it work only in neutral or with the clutch depressed. Has anyone used this unit, if so, do you have it set up for launch control? Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have picked up a $115.00 msd softtouch rev limiter oem hookup or able to hook up on stock apps with out a 6 AL box or something like that then you plug a $80.00 2 or 3 step up to it and your rpm chips hook in to the 2/3 step i have not hooked it up yet but i pill post and let you know how it goes and the how to.

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man, please let me know how that works out since I would rather go that route.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was just checking out the Bee-r and it looks like it may work, however I have some concerns. First of all it looks like I may have to order it from overseas which makes me wonder about tech support if the need arises. Secondly, it looks like this unit would be used to limit upper RPM range unless I did some custom wiring to make it work only in neutral or with the clutch depressed. Has anyone used this unit, if so, do you have it set up for launch control? Any info is appreciated
it is a verry simple unit, IIRC you just need to wire a, power,ground, optional 2cnd ground, and ignition signal.

it just basically cuts the ignition in a set pattern and you can adjust that with the gain, to be cutting out verry fast, and the length between each time it cuts out.
the 2 knobs on the left are how you set it, the first knob would your regular rpm limit,
and the secon can be wired to the e-brake, or a push button switch or however you prefer.

there is a company called rhdjapan and they carry them, they are alittle expensive for what they are (250$), but it works good, they also include english translations of the orig. instructions with diagrams

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright man, looks like I have some looking to do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts