Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those Garrett g series look so good. If I ever give up my s366 it will be for one of those. I don’t have a v band manifold though
yeah that G30-900 looks super tasty!

I am in the middle of waiting for my BTI 3.5" to be installed and for John Reed to get back in town to have it back on the dyno and figure out where we go from here. i know e85 and either the Borg sxe364 or this G series is the route i will go but need to make sure the car is running as good as it feels before i dump a bunch of money into it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My only real criticism of the G-series is the lack of T4 options. These things would do so well for our cars, but with most turbine housings being V-band, it really limits your options. I had to run an adapter to fit my turbo, unfortunately. It works, but... just not a fan of adapters when I can avoid them.

But hey, if you wanna step up to ridiculous power levels, the G42 has all sorts of T4 options... other than that, you have only one option (at least according to ATP's site) for the G30 in a T4, an undivided 0.82 housing.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If they had t4 housings I would pull the trigger. I have a spf1 manifold so I don’t want to change it or add an adaptor. I don’t have faith in Pte

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My only real criticism of the G-series is the lack of T4 options. These things would do so well for our cars, but with most turbine housings being V-band, it really limits your options. I had to run an adapter to fit my turbo, unfortunately. It works, but... just not a fan of adapters when I can avoid them.

But hey, if you wanna step up to ridiculous power levels, the G42 has all sorts of T4 options... other than that, you have only one option (at least according to ATP's site) for the G30 in a T4, an undivided 0.82 housing.
I found a manifold I believe that will work, but the price is insane

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If they had t4 housings I would pull the trigger. I have a spf1 manifold so I don’t want to change it or add an adaptor. I don’t have faith in Pte
I'm told by ATP that there is supposedly a T4 option for the G25 in the works, so I'm happy about that. I want spool right meow though, living at 6500' and a big fan of autocross. Seriously, this little thing allows me to steer the car with my foot, it's so responsive. I realize it's probably a little small (on paper, anyway) for most people, and for those at lower altitudes, I'd probably recommend a G30 anyhow.

No idea on other T4 options, but I'd love to get an SPF1, that is such a great sound. However, I've learned to shop like you're building a system of parts that all have to work together, because, well, they do. Until I could buy the right turbo housing, I certainly wouldn't be dropping manifold money, and I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to switch manifolds.

Shame though, really. Best manifold plus (in my experience) best turbos? Sounds like a good combo.

I found a manifold I believe that will work, but the price is insane
Heh, yeah, that is an unfortunate fact of reality with Supra manifolds... at least we have a few more options these days!

·
boost'en down 101
1,274 Posts
yeah that G30-900 looks super tasty!

I am in the middle of waiting for my BTI 3.5" to be installed and for John Reed to get back in town to have it back on the dyno and figure out where we go from here. i know e85 and either the Borg sxe364 or this G series is the route i will go but need to make sure the car is running as good as it feels before i dump a bunch of money into it.
I have a sxe364 and a sxe369 for my supra lol. The 64mm I have has the smaller turbine option which I would recommend you'll have much better spool and it's still fairly large for a 64mm compared to pte ect. I also have a aftermarket .83 housing I can't recall where I got it thinking a diesel website. The turbo is great you can autocross or drift with it and I trapped 131mph with it in my 3500lbs car. That's with stock n/a cams too would go faster with a set of cams. The 69mm is so laggy compared it sucks for drifting or autox its all top end. Whats funny is I put on the 69mm and the car didn't go much faster apparently the cams are the hold up oops!

A t4 .82 housing would be fine with that turbo I'd think!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a sxe364 and a sxe369 for my supra lol. The 64mm I have has the smaller turbine option which I would recommend you'll have much better spool and it's still fairly large for a 64mm compared to pte ect. I also have a aftermarket .83 housing I can't recall where I got it thinking a diesel website. The turbo is great you can autocross or drift with it and I trapped 131mph with it in my 3500lbs car. That's with stock n/a cams too would go faster with a set of cams. The 69mm is so laggy compared it sucks for drifting or autox its all top end. Whats funny is I put on the 69mm and the car didn't go much faster apparently the cams are the hold up oops!

I am super stuck on both of these. and again biggest hang up is the Vband and brand name. Love the Garrett name hate the need for the adapter for that with my T4 mani. love the Borg specs, reliability and its bolt on.
we will see what accelerated performance says

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
A quick check of the turbine maps shows reasonably similar flow characteristics between the G25 with 0.92 housing (what I have) and a G30 with the 0.83, and identical peak flow. What this means for me, with a heavily modified 1jz is that peak torque was at roughly 4800 rpm, while peak hp came in at 6800. Not bad for such a tiny little turbo...

Starting to think I really want to see someone post some results of the G30 on a 2jz...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts