Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take off from a dead stop is amazing!

Makes the 280 feel like a stock sized tire too!

The 240 with the stock gearing was "bleh."

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
? :dunno: details?
I didn't notice much difference other than having to shift more/quicker.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Worm said:
? :dunno: details?
I didn't notice much difference other than having to shift more/quicker.
Are you kidding?!?!
...Dude -2 up front is a little more than a subtle change...your mod list only says a rear sprocket, and what's the stock rear on a Busa just 'cause I'm curious??

BTW, I've never gone more than -1 up front...it puts too much stress on the chain and causes premature wear...-1 up front, then start changing the rear sprocket is my recipie for a reliable change.

-Steve

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
speedin89 said:
Are you kidding?!?!
...Dude -2 up front is a little more than a subtle change...your mod list only says a rear sprocket, and what's the stock rear on a Busa just 'cause I'm curious??

BTW, I've never gone more than -1 up front...it puts too much stress on the chain and causes premature wear...-1 up front, then start changing the rear sprocket is my recipie for a reliable change.

-Steve
I've got +3 rear (stock is 40 tooth) so thats about -1.5 front.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Worm said:
I've got +3 rear (stock is 40 tooth) so thats about -1.5 front.
Yeah I know you've added some...smart to do it in the rear. But you really couldn't tell the first night?

Pretty soon you're gonna be making posts like:"This turbo sucks...I hear it, but I don't feel shit!?!?" :rofl: :rofl:
Are you blown yet, or is it still in the works?

-Steve

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Hah I thought this was a ben roethlisberger theme'd thread for a second, "I wrecked and busted my 2 front teeth out"

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
speedin89 said:
Yeah I know you've added some...smart to do it in the rear. But you really couldn't tell the first night?

Pretty soon you're gonna be making posts like:"This turbo sucks...I hear it, but I don't feel shit!?!?" :rofl: :rofl:
Are you blown yet, or is it still in the works?

-Steve
:lol: I dunno, the busa never really felt fast stock and the +3 rear only made a small difference. Like I said I mostly noticed the change in cruising RPM and having to shift alot more in the twisties more than outright acceleration. Could be because it likes to spin the tire/wheelie in 1-2nd. :dunno: I had a mustang once and I went from a 2.73 rear end to a 3.73 rear gear and it was a definate improvement :) Still waiting on my god damn fuel system to show up. :furious:

·
Registered
222 Posts
NyneSeconds said:
-2 in the front will nuke the tranny

Nuke the tranny really why is this? Plz let me learn from a Knowledgeable guy like yourself that has no clue what the hell he is talking about. As stated above

...it puts too much stress on the chain and causes premature wear and also can cause chain bind..... So on that note keep running those 9's :rolleyes:

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Weird...I went -1 up front in the Ninja and didn't feel a gotdammed difference.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
OOBE said:
Weird...I went -1 up front in the Ninja and didn't feel a gotdammed difference.
600 = Slow

:)

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Oh yeah...that's right...you have a turbo Busa. You are king of the world. :rolleyes:

:p

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
BusaPro said:
-1 up wouldnt that make it the stock sprocket size? you mean -1 down
I meant minus one tooth UP FRONT...which means it's not in the rear, but up front, hehehe. :p

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
bfasupratt said:
Nah he said Down one...up front. OOBEhave you tried going -1 front +2 in the rear.
No, man...I have stock rear...well...it's an aftermarket Stealth sprocket but it has stock toothing; I just bought it because it was gold and matched the golden rotors, heh. The company representative who sold it to me said that was going to be enough. Yeah right...I don't feel any difference.
:ugh2: I'll try minus two in the back. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
222 Posts
OOBE said:
No, man...I have stock rear...well...it's an aftermarket Stealth sprocket but it has stock toothing; I just bought it because it was gold and matched the golden rotors, heh. The company representative who sold it to me said that was going to be enough. Yeah right...I don't feel any difference.
:ugh2: I'll try minus two in the back. :bigthumb:

-2 in the back will make is slower on take off but more topend . every -1 in the front will be close to +3 in the rear

so if you are -1 in the front now go +2or 3 in the rear

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Gotcha. But I don't need top-end because the roads here in P.R. are so jacked-up, it's a gamble opening up any vehicle, haha. So I'd rather have low-end...I don't care to go 150 MPH...too much to loose with these fucked-up roads and crazy drivers. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts