Supra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
i think 20s look good. most of them.
i think the important consideration is whether or not the rims are sport type or compton baller type.
i almost gaurantee that most of us will hate some 20" giovanna rims on a supra but will like and/or tolerate 20" volk te37.

some killer race car 20" rims would look jaw droppingly good at night downtown.
just sayin.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i think 20s look good. most of them.
i think the important consideration is whether or not the rims are sport type or compton baller type.
i almost gaurantee that most of us will hate some 20" giovanna rims on a supra but will like and/or tolerate 20" volk te37.

some killer race car 20" rims would look jaw droppingly good at night downtown.
just sayin.
+1 on that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
20"s = pimpmobile

Supra = timeless sports car

20"s + Supra = Fail

Simply put, these cars aren't built or meant for 20" wheels.
Supra is not a sports car. It is a grand touring/gt car. Real sports car only have 2 seats

20's do not equal pimpmobile. Nobody cares about 20's anymore, they are really cheap now

Agree on said car not being made for these size wheels

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
ive always held the opinion that 18s are perfect, 19s look amazing but are borderline too big, 20s are the biggest possible rim you could jam into a supra without modifying the fender.

when i see 19's and 20's i think performance loss and showcar & artistic concept.
they are like rubber bands, and i would hate to drop the hammer in 3rd or 4th gear with 600rwhp with 19s or 20s.

btw i wonder how long til we see someone cut the fender out and install 22"s
i bet it wouldnt even look that bad in a video with 50cent.

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
20's and a Supra just do not belong in the same sentence IMO. Looks horrible. It reminds me of guys who put 22's on 4 x 4 diesel trucks, and have a rubber band for a tire. Looks fucking stupid and makes the truck useless.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
20's and a Supra just do not belong in the same sentence IMO. Looks horrible. It reminds me of guys who put 22's on 4 x 4 diesel trucks, and have a rubber band for a tire. Looks fucking stupid and makes the truck useless.
looks sweet, like candy

·
Registered
286 Posts
jonny, if you added a lip on the front and some side skirts, the 20's might sit better. The back looks hella sexy..just those front wheels I can get an angle on.

·
Registered
525 Posts
This thread should be consolidated with the "Any rappers driving supras?" thread..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Your ride, your choice. I would never use such large rims, but I do believe some are hit or miss in the looks department. Also, I'd rather not take the performance hit for looks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I thought that Changing tire size dramatically changes the tire "foot print" or contact patch causing the car to have different handling characteristics. And Depending on the foot print would make the car.. say more suited for certain motorsports over others?

·
intarwebs master
1,393 Posts
so many people pretending like they know what putting a 20" tire on the supra does.... I chose to go with 20" volks, and they look amazing, hook as well as any 18" i've had (except drag radials) and ride great.... Carhas been lowered a bit since that photo was taken, and centercaps installed. 20x10.5 rear, 20x9.5 front...

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
18's are perfect for a stock mk4 Supra.
19's are perfect for a body kitted mk4 Supra.
20's don't belong there...sorry! Especially in the front,it looks crap. Maybe in a GT300 Top Secret body kit with 20's in the back and 19's infront...

On the other hand the ride quality on 20's is just very bad. Tried it and I know what I mean...
I own a JZA70 mk3 Supra,and one day tried some 20's...just to see for myself. They don't look very bad,I should say...but the ride became so negative.
Normally I run 18's (18x10' & 18x8.5') cause I got a 14.1'' BBK infront. And I still can go with 17's or 16's in the rear for some drag radials or MT street ETs.

Sorry,only nightview pictures from an Iphone...

So,20's can also fit quite nice on mk3s ,and I am only on Eibachs/Tokicos...but the ride quality sucks bigtime!

121 - 140 of 171 Posts