Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
237K!!

230+K on stock bottom end prior to rebuild. I plastiguaged the main bearings and all but #7 couldve been left in!! :eek:

Jeff G

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
im 650 miles away officially but my speedo was broken for a few thousand miles so i guess im in the club.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
i did it!! I pulled the engine right at 200k

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't have to be original engine or any thing else but THE BODY! Just mention what you have replaced over the years that you know of to make it to the 200,000 mile marker... BTW.... I'm in too. But the engine... well.... its only a 3000 mile beast so far.
Do you guys think this should be made a sticky?

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW... Mak... what do you think Kelly Blue is on your car with all those miles?
"Past mechanical limits" MY ASS!!!!
I haven't really seen a lot of other foreign or domestic cars like our supras with tons of miles on them that run as well as our cars do....
My buddie's Mk2 had 200,000+ miles on the ORIGINAL ENGINE this summer, still running strong beating the local rice.... two days after that it was totaled by a chick putting on lipstick running a red light.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
well, i'm at 194k+ before the hg blew, so i guess i don't get to join this elite club, and btw, it still has its stock clutch :) and the headgasket was stock before it blew, aight peace :wtf:

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
If I had not messed with my boost pressure, I'd still be running on a stock re-tourqed HG at 20psi all the time.
About 170k on the odom.
Stock seats are still excellent, but I run sheepskin seat covers over them, so they never wear out.
Stock carpet is good, but the stock floor mat for the driver has holes where the heals of my shoes rest. (Need new mats, but they quit making them at Toyota, and I have not found a set I like yet in the A/M.)
My old MK2 was all original, and running great at 190k+ when I traded it in for the Mk3. (Should have kept that car, and dropped at 7mgte into it. Had newer struts/shocks, bushings and a custom exhaust and intake. Amsoil filter with 3" pipe back no cat from the stock cast header to a 3" low restriction muffler.) Figured it was putting out over 180hp at the wheels, maybe better. Never had that car on the dyno, but it would run 80's Camaro's into the ground.

S

·
0 Posts
282 thousand miles on mine. Engine replaced at around 100 K, due to a BHG and since there was no such thing as the internet to help out back then, I had no idea why it crapped out. :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
my speedo broke at 134xxx and I've drove thosands and thosands of miles since, so no clue!

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
My '87 had 216,xxx miles when I bought it. I had to replace the TPS and the battery cables but ran strong. I'm in the middle of redoing a bunch of stuff on her now.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
mine had 253k when I got it in 2001. Unfortunately it hasnt seen any miles since then

It would have been 300something by now!

L

·
0 Posts
Bought mine at 207 xxx and the speedo dont work........
got it for 1200 canadian, and drove i9t home

1 - 20 of 36 Posts