Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad drives a 2001 GMC sierra c3 and when he is at speeds above 30 or so their is a sqeeking coming from behind the dash is it the speedo cable? do these things use cables???? or is it all electronic??? i took a 2 hour trip with him a few weeks ago in this thing and almost went insane

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ LOL its a sleeper though people think its just a pickup but when you get on the 6.0 liter 325 HP 370 ft lbs of tourqe it moves plus its AWD alll the time so no spin

·
Banned
497 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
*cough* GM *cough*

Yeah, but I bet it doesn't burn oil by 70K miles or go though 2 tranny's before 100K miles like my Mitsubishi did. :lol:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
mustangman05 said:
^^ LOL its a sleeper though people think its just a pickup but when you get on the 6.0 liter 325 HP 370 ft lbs of tourqe it moves plus its AWD alll the time so no spin

I'm sorry but anything in the 15's is not a sleeper. Anyway, the newer GM trucks do not use cable driven speedometers. They are electronic. Probably some of the plastic paneling rubbing or something causing the squeek sound.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
not sure where fast comes from

We have a 04 with 6.0 and 4:10 gears. Its far fast... about the only thing that 6.0 will do is get you killed in the rain. But then again its a back up car and only has 3k miles so maybe it will get fast with more miles.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Yeah, but I bet it doesn't burn oil by 70K miles or go though 2 tranny's before 100K miles like my Mitsubishi did. :lol:
Um, all of the mitsus I've had have burned not a drop of oil. Why do you think I love these cars and continue to purchase them. People like you just like cars with large engines prolly cause you have a problem with "size" and insecurity.

And my current mitsu has 125K on it with the orignal transmission, no problems thus far. It will need a rebuild soon but I've never had one actually "blow up". :)

On a side note, a good friend of mine bought a brand new denali last year, the engine was was making a weird noise when we test drove it so the dealer looked into it. They ended up replacing a rod and piston on it. BRAND NEW with like 4 miles on it. :eek4dance Can you explain this?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Everybody has their good and bad experiences with different manufacturers. Personally, i've had 3 GM vehicles so far, and none of them gave me any trouble. Lets not turn this into a pissing match on whos had the worst car experience.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
True, maybe I've just been extremely unlucky with GM cars, 3-4 of them in a row. And I guess I've been very lucky with dsm's/mitsus, 3 or 4 in a row. Some how I doubt it though.

·
Banned
497 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Um, all of the mitsus I've had have burned not a drop of oil. Why do you think I love these cars and continue to purchase them. People like you just like cars with large engines prolly cause you have a problem with "size" and insecurity.

And my current mitsu has 125K on it with the orignal transmission, no problems thus far. It will need a rebuild soon but I've never had one actually "blow up". :)

On a side note, a good friend of mine bought a brand new denali last year, the engine was was making a weird noise when we test drove it so the dealer looked into it. They ended up replacing a rod and piston on it. BRAND NEW with like 4 miles on it. :eek4dance Can you explain this?
Yeah since I own 1 large cubic inch engine I'm "insecure". How original :rolleyes:

Please elplain why DSM have one of the WORST reputations as far as quality goes? Becuase people really say, "hey Those 3000GT's have really strong tranny's or MY DSM has nerver left me stranded." :lol:

Care to explain????

THIS JUST IN......... Every car has issues to some extent

MY previous Japnaese cars...

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS burned oil by 50K miles, rings were shot

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT went through 2 tranny's before 100K

1993 Misibishi Diamonte burned oil at $43,000miles, dealer replaced engine, 115K it had wrist pin failure

1996 Lexus Ls400 not a lick of trouble

Toyota/Lexus > Mitsubishi

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say its fast because every time a little car thinks it can pass us up from a stop and cut infront of us we prove them wrong.370 ftlbs of tq with no slip is not a puney setup.

·
Banned
497 Posts
mustangman05 said:
I say its fast because every time a little car thinks it can pass us up from a stop and cut infront of us we prove them wrong.370 ftlbs of tq with no slip is not a puney setup.

Don't forget the 4.11 gears :D

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Big Block Stingray said:
Yeah since I own 1 large cubic inch engine I'm "insecure". How original :rolleyes:

Please elplain why DSM have one of the WORST reputations as far as quality goes? Becuase people really say, "hey Those 3000GT's have really strong tranny's or MY DSM has nerver left me stranded." :lol:

Care to explain????

THIS JUST IN......... Every car has issues to some extent

MY previous Japnaese cars...

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS burned oil by 50K miles, rings were shot

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT went through 2 tranny's before 100K

1993 Misibishi Diamonte burned oil at $43,000miles, dealer replaced engine, 115K it had wrist pin failure

1996 Lexus Ls400 not a lick of trouble

Toyota/Lexus > Mitsubishi
I'm not sure where in the thread a mitsu vs toyota subject came up but I agree, overall toyota engineers a more reliable car, however, they currently do not offer a sports car that can compete with mitsus evo for the same price.

Since thats out of the way, the whole dsm being unreliable thing is easy to explain and has been explained many times before. The dsm cars are all 12-16 years old now so the vast majority have high mileage and have gone through numerous owners. That coupled with them having such a cheap entry fee you get a lot of young ignorant kids who buy them because of their reputation for ease of modification and then all hell breaks loose when they start messin with shit. Any stock dsm thats maintained correctly can easily run for 200K miles with just regular maintenance. I know this because I've had three dsms/mitsus with over 100k miles (two modded) that have had zero major problems that can be attributed to the actual manufactures engineering.

As far as your 3000 GT, I have no idea why your car burned oil, I've never heard of that being a common problem with the car, but then again when we had one in the family I didn't need to research exsessive oil consumption because ours performaed flawlessly for 100K miles except for two issues which were both covered under warranty, one the tranny and two the active aero motor.

Your Diamante, I have no experince with those cars or the engine so I don't know. But hey, at least you got 40K+ miles out of it before needing the motor opened up, unlike my friends brand new flagship gmc truck which had 4 miles on it when it needed the motor cracked open for repair. Can you please be kind of enough now to explain the GM issue I speak of. And while youre at it, please explain a roof blowing off a brand new 80K dollar flagship sports car too. :)

·
Banned
497 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Can you please be kind of enough now to explain the GM issue I speak of. And while youre at it, please explain a roof blowing off a brand new 80K dollar flagship sports car too. :)

As far as you're friend's truck I have no explaination, it is certain'y not common practice for GM trucks to need a rebuild after 4miles. Freak accident at best.

As far as the Z06, MSRP is $65K not $80K and it was the adhesive that gave way. Believe it or not many manufactors use bonding agents to bond pieces together to reduce squeeks and rattles that commonly occur with screws/bolts. Gm adressed the problem and now it is a service itiem.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
All i know is the japanese have yet to come out with a pickup truck to tow as much as my duramax. Carry on guys ******sitting back eating popcorn**************

1 - 15 of 15 Posts