Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Honda RC51 w/ 10k miles; red/silver. Never laid down, adult owned and maintained.

Just curious what $ this bike would typically pull on the market. I have trade offer for this bike (I don't currently ride) and am considering either flipping it or keeping it for a bit. Probably not the best beginner bike, huh?

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
They're worth about $4000. Heavy for a beginner.
I concur.

I was looking at these for a long time before I ended up getting a Busa. This bike has quite a cult following for a V-Twin Honda sportsbike.

Mileage sounds good... Is it stock?

How much are you valuing it as for a trade-in?

Jonny

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it's stock with the exception of "fender eliminator endertail with LED lights" (I haven't seen it yet). It was a trade offer for a non-turbo 3000GT I've got on CL with an asking price of $4600. I'm only into the 3000GT about 3 grand. A buddy of mine that rides thought it was worth $5000-5500 come spring time. He also had nothing but good things to say about the bike.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
I believe it's stock with the exception of "fender eliminator endertail with LED lights" (I haven't seen it yet). It was a trade offer for a non-turbo 3000GT I've got on CL with an asking price of $4600. I'm only into the 3000GT about 3 grand. A buddy of mine that rides thought it was worth $5000-5500 come spring time. He also had nothing but good things to say about the bike.
No, even in the spring time I highly doubt an 01 would fetch that... I spent about 4 months looking for one, in fact even made a thread on here about buying one. Maybe if it had an Akrapovic full system on it, then it may net you closer to $5000, but for stock it isn't happening. There's just too many better bikes available in that price range that are both newer, faster, and better looking...

Regardless, I LOVE the RC51. I will own one sooner or later. But I would not pay anywhere close to $5k for a stock 01. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jonny

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Stealths and 3000gts are dirt cheap these days. I imagine that bike would be worth a fair amount more than the car.

It's a non-turbo '97 SL w/ 144k miles. It's 'worth' 5000-5500 and has had lots of (mostly trade) interest at $4600. The bike does have me intrigued..

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
To get upward of 5K for a 9 year old bike is tough. Especially when there are better options at the same price for newer bikes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i agree with most of the guys on here. sold my '02 a couple weeks ago for $4k and i had a good amount of money into it. it really comes down to the enthusiast. yes there are newer and better bikes out there but the RC51 has a history and most everyone wants to own one just to own one. and there's still a lot of people that can tear it up on a track. a lot of people won't understand the bike until you have actually ridden one. yes they're heavy but you don't actually feel the weight after you have ridden one. i've seen, and still do, see some priced closer to $7k. just depends who wants one bad enough. the younger crowd, you won't get any luck out of them. its almost like your classic japanese sports car. some will pay the price and others won't.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hmm, around here they are dirt cheap. Maybe getting the higher offers just because it's a 97.

I agree that there are a lot of bikes that are faster, better handling and newer than that one but a lot of people just really like those bikes and the TL1000's. If they weren't so unique i'm sure they would be significantly cheaper.

Edit: ^What he said. :)

·
Banned
27 Posts
if you're only in the 3kgt for 3 grand i would go for the trade. the rc is definitely worth more than that. i see them range from 4k-6k out here in phoenix, very rare to see them for less than 4. mint condition goes for 5 all day.

rc51's sound and look great, handling is on rails for such a large bike. not exactly a fast bike(new 600's will beat it) but sounds great and is definitely unique.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
I stand correct. I retract my statement. I apparently misread everything. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Guess I was thinking of the RC30
If it was an RC30 I'd take a dozen for $4K. :lol:

OP : It depends on how clean the bike is when you look at it in person. I've seen 10k bikes that are ragged out and 10k bikes that look new. Still $4k-4.5k is probably the ceiling. You can get new bikes on ebay right now for $7k. VFR800s, pretty much any 600, and you could get new 08 CBR1000RRs for about that recently. Bike market is kinda down an 01 is getting into the "people have to be looking for it" zone.

There is an 01 on my local craigslist for $3500 right now. FYI

·
I need a 6 speed
324 Posts
Good friend of mine just paid $4500 for a 2006 RC51 with about 8k miles but completely stock and nice black/grey color. It does need tires and rear break pads but thats cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts