Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering, I can buy a 2001 black z06 w/ 46k miles w/ corsca exhaust, wheels/tires, and tint for $26k. Convince me that it would be smarter to say "fuck the z and buy a FRC or targa and mod it". If I could buy a higher mileage FRC for $18500, do H/C and nitrous and rebuild engine if needbe, plus nice wheels, what would yall do?

Convince me not to buy this Z06!!! IT'S SO NICE.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, besides the suspension and asthetic differences (not considering speed b/c the FRC would be faster). Why?

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
very easy way to find out:

Z06 + wheels/tires + exhaust = $26k

If the FRC + shocks + rear springs + sway bars + heads + cam + LS6 intake manifold + exhaust + wheels/tires = < $26k by a significant (to you) amount, get the FRC. If not get the Z06.

For me, if I added everything up (+ labor if you don't do it yourself), I would probably only get the FRC if it was like around $4k less, cause you aren't gonna get all your money out of your mods when you sell it anyways. And by the time you sell it, the C5's will have depreciated even more and the Z06's will be even more desirable compared to an FRC than they are now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FRC w/ H/C + Nitrous + CCW Classics + Springs/Shocks or
the z06 mentioned above.

What would you personally take? and why?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nitrous... drag? If your going to drag the car, and keep it for awhile, go with the FRC. If you wan to do other track work, or are worried about getting money out of the car after mods, I'd go with the Z06. JMHO. Both would be nice cars though, so if you think you'd have fun modding the FRC, go for it.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
there is an 01 Quicksilver Z06 on ebay with 10,000 miles right now for 28K i would jump on that quick

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I know at least the first 4 gear ratios on the Z06 are revised from the Coupe, which definitely helped acceleration. I don't think the FRC received those mods. The FRC was more or less the trial run of the Z06 and not really a full success. The Z06 was VERY well dialed in, I'd go with it.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Isn't the Z06 quite a bit lighter than the FRC?

What is your goal? If it's to go fast - the FRC is the right choice... but the Z will hold its value better and is has pimp appeal. Can't go wrong with either. Silver Z06's are the heat however.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
I've had both and the Z06 is vastly improved in handling, gearing and power. Its just as fast stock as my cam/headers FRC was with better handling to boot.
Just my .02

Z06 and FRC weight is almost the same, negligible.

Z06 will hold resale value better also, not like either one is fantastic but Z06 will depreciate less.

Z06 also has better heads so you can save money by just getting them porter versus buying new heads. Its got a better rear, there are just tons of advantages to the Z06 it really is a complete package. I didn't think there was any difference when I got mine I just got it for the badge and I was impressed. And I had a 600rwhp FBody before

1 - 20 of 24 Posts