Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Commerorative Edition Supra Watch Pics

Due to the requests, I decided to post them here. They are large files. Please excuse the quality of the pictures.
I just got this digital (A95) so I'm still learning all the bells and whistle. That and the fact that I can't shoot the watch
dead on due to the reflective tendencies, I had to take them at angles.
There are NO scratches, etc, on the face, the camera just picks up every speck of dust/lint. And the back does NOT
have an imperfection, it just has a piece of film over the inscribed portion to protect it (came that way) that is beginning to lift a bit.

For those who haven't already heard this, to commemorate the last year of making the MKIV in 2002,
Toyota had a watch made so that each purchaser of a Supra would also receive
this watch as a special gift. Each watch is individually numbered. No one knows how many were made.
This is watch #0109 out of XXXX? I picked it up on eBay about 2 years ago from a gentleman in the UK.
I haven't seen a higher numbered edition, but I have seen a lower number about a year and a half ago on eBay.
I know they are EXTREMELY RARE b/c I have looked for them on eBay EVERY DAY for the past
2 years, and have only found the one I purchased, and number 95, which someone purchased for well over $350.

When looking at the face, each minute mark, the hands, and the hour marks glow in the dark.
The watch has an analog and digital (military or conventional) display of the time, alarm, month/date/day display,
and 2 stop watches. I have heard that it is waterproof, but since I am not sure, I'm not taking it underwater.
The words "Toyota" and "Supra" are raised, as if they were cut outs and then fastened to the face.
On back of the watch is inscribed "TOYOTA Supra (in Supra script, of course) THE SPORTS OF TOYOTA NO 0109".
On the clasp, you can see where the "Supra THE SPORTS OF TOYOTA" has been pressed in.

The documentation is in Japanese. The only information that came in English, for some odd reason, the front cover of
the guarantee information. When you open the little booklet, as well as the back part to fill out the warranty card, it is in Japanese as well.
So I have no clue as to what type of warranty is offered. Oh yes, and on the operating instructions, there is a part that
says "seconds minutes hours month date day and 12/24 hours display".

The first pic is of the alum/tin case, the 2nd the instructions, and the last two are of the watch itself.

Enjoy the pictures.

·
Registered
678 Posts
That is definately sweet! I wish I saw the eBay listing for number 95. :(

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Are you sure that is a real one? I thought they were Seiko watches and had a black face? Well, it looks like a Seiko, but I thought they were completly analog? Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTR-33 said:
Are you sure that is a real one? I thought they were Seiko watches and had a black face? Well, it looks like a Seiko, but I thought they were completly analog? Correct me if I'm wrong...
1) There were 2 ads that were run for the watch, one pre-production, one post-production. The black face analog was pre-production. Back on MKIV.COM, they used to have a pic of the ad featuring the watch, which is why I started searching for it in the first place. They say you can find anything on eBay, and they are right. I looked for MONTHS before I found the auction, and I almost didn't bid on it. In the auction from which I purchased this, the gentleman that was selling it was in the UK and received it from the person who actually purchased the JZA80 associated with the watch. The guy didn't really care for the watch, so he gave it to the gentleman I purchased it from. After holding on to it for a year or so, he sold it.

2) The black face rumor began b/c of that ad that was originally posted, which showed an analog watch. Toyota released that ad as a promo before they finalized what the watch was going to look like. You know, the "item may not be exactly as pictured" kind of thing. I have a friend who is a fleet manager for one of the Toyota dealerships here, and he did a little checking and verified the authenticity.

3) Who the hell do you know that would go through all that trouble for a watch for the heck of it? Besides Dusty, that is? :) I mean, look at the impression on the clasp, the collector's tin, and the individual numbering. That and the fact that watch number 95 was EXACTLY like this one. Like I said, if you do a search, you'll see a couple of threads I posted a year or so ago regarding the one being sold, and the one I purchased.

Eventually I'm going to get around to getting a letter of authentication from Toyota verifying for all the naysayers.

Originally posted by MrBoost
Tks for sharing. Sweet unit, take care of it.
You're welcome. I do wear it occasionally. For instance, I wore it to San Antonio Raceway for TX2K5. :D

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
i would mos def like 1
-jt

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up... I never really did much research into the watch. It's a very nice watch and I would like one myself. I had seen just the original ad where the watch had a black face like the Nismo one. It is a Seiko watch like the Supra one. It is an analog chronograpgh with a black face and says Nismo in red.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GTR-33 said:
Thanks for clearing that up... I never really did much research into the watch. It's a very nice watch and I would like one myself. I had seen just the original ad where the watch had a black face like the Nismo one. It is a Seiko watch like the Supra one. It is an analog chronograpgh with a black face and says Nismo in red.
No problem, you're talking about the watch that appears in this thread, the pre-production ad.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Probably more than any sane person would pay. But Most Supra people arent sane. I would say around 250 is my guess. Thats what te general amount of the 3 or 4 I have seen go has been.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Thats great! I LOVE my Supra watch with the CF face! Wish I could get another one to just keep in the case :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts