Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Austin
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the truck all cleaned up for an r/t show today, and after went and took some pictures.
Anyway's, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is a 5.9 magnum motor right?

How do these compare to the newer 340hp 5.7 Hemi? What kind of power do these make in stock form as well as with bolt ons?

edit: I remember the 5.9's were gas whores though

·
Austin
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You are correct, 5.9 360 stock. My truck is putting down about 380hp 400tq. Header's, exhaust, cai, cam, roller rocker's, superchips, etc.
Stock the 5.9 came with about 250hp, 290 tq, at the wheels, so a lot less than the new hemi. But with simple bolt on's they are right in the same range. Especially compared to the price of putting a hemi crate in one of these compared to just upgrading.
The r/t's are also brought down by only coming in auto's. Some guy's have thrown in either a 5-speed or a viper 6 speed and have seen dramatic power increases afaik.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
My friend had an R/T with bolt-ons and a 100-shot of spray that ran pretty well. Went through a couple trannies, though. That's the weak link with old Mopars.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Oh hell that remindes me of years ago.

as Fyratms said, i had a friend that had a 150 shot on his as well..

Slow truck by todays hopped up trucks, But back in the day it would kill a mistang and was damn close with bolt on Z28's. it would do burnout's that would make john force proud.

Lots of beer, trash talk, 200 shot, and big freaking tree took care of that one :( He replaced it with a SRT-10 trucks... its pretty pointless too... 6 speed 22's and v10... does awesome doughnuts though....

·
Registered
249 Posts
You are correct, 5.9 360 stock. My truck is putting down about 380hp 400tq. Header's, exhaust, cai, cam, roller rocker's, superchips, etc.

Stock the 5.9 came with about 250hp, 290 tq, at the wheels
[email protected] the wheels stock? 380hp with cam/rockers and some bolt ons? Either your #'s are way off or the 5.9's are severely underrated from the factory.

Nice looking truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts