Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was hoping some people will chime in and let me know what you guys think.

I am looking at picking up a 2003 Jaguar X-Type, interior and exterior are in mint condition, has over 60k on the clock, it's the 2.5 with 5 speed.

What are your general opinion of these cars? Are they worth it?

Anything helps!

· Registered
6,620 Posts
Do not touch an X-Type with a 10 foot fucking pole.

This used to be my #1 selling car on the lot, I sold over 20 of them in 2008, I REFUSE to sell them.

Transmission problems are extremely common, brakes wear out extremely quickly, interior fit and finish is terrible, electrical problems are a dime a dozen.

I'll elaborate more later tonight or tomorrow when I have more, busy atm

· King of the Jungle
2,330 Posts
My ex had one, it was a POS. 3.0 Auto, slow as hell so I can only imagine how much of a dog the 2.5 is. Smelled like oil, brakes went out quick, drove like a Ford Taurus. Get a used XJR.

· Registered
1,459 Posts
Do not touch an X-Type with a 10 foot fucking pole.

This used to be my #1 selling car on the lot, I sold over 20 of them in 2008, I REFUSE to sell them.

Transmission problems are extremely common, brakes wear out extremely quickly, interior fit and finish is terrible, electrical problems are a dime a dozen.

I'll elaborate more later tonight or tomorrow when I have more, busy atm
My father had one and the AWD system took a crap shortly after buying it...

I always got the vibe of the car being a Taurus in Jaguar clothing...I'd stay away.

· Bull Market
2,846 Posts
How does the s-type compare? I heard to stay away from the 2002? They are dirt cheap...

· Registered
6,620 Posts
How does the s-type compare? I heard to stay away from the 2002? They are dirt cheap...
S-Type 3.0 is pretty bad.

S-Type 4.0 seems to be hit or miss. Mostly miss but not nearly as bad as the 3.0. The main issue with these is the transmission going out around 70k miles

S-Type 4.2 is good

S-Type R is one of the most reliable luxury cars on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.