Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. This place buys a brand new 05 Boxster and tears it apart and stretches it to be a Carrera GT look a like. I don't see the market for this car, but thought it was interesting enough to share.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pors...4644660725QQcategoryZ6015QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On a side note, was looking for a clean 930 and saw this. Anyone know a good website where I can learn more about the older Carreras?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
^^^ exactly, that roof line looks rediculous!!! Chop the top about 6-8" and it would look alot sleeker.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Why bother? The only people that know what a real CGT is will instantly know that's not the real thing! Might as well just buy a Boxter S, put a nice wheel/tire package on it and light the extra money on fire before you do something dumb with it.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
This just goes to prove my point that, although the Carrera GT is a kickass car, it still looks wayyyyyy too much like a Boxster to be worth so much freakin money.

Give me Koenigsegg, mmmmmmm.

·
Supraforums Member
705 Posts
What is it you want to know about older Carreras? One of the biggest resources for 911 info is at pelicanparts.com. They have one hell of a forum setup and you can learn a lot. I was raised around Porsches and receive Excellence every month. It's a pretty good read and of course is Porsche only. Fun cars but certainly not Supras.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Diablo Fiero :dunno:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Looks like utter shit.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
93SupraTT said:
What is it you want to know about older Carreras? One of the biggest resources for 911 info is at pelicanparts.com. They have one hell of a forum setup and you can learn a lot. I was raised around Porsches and receive Excellence every month. It's a pretty good read and of course is Porsche only. Fun cars but certainly not Supras.
I have gone through a lot of cars and want to start a collection and stop flipping cars at this point. Keeping the Supra and next I'd like to add a clean Carerra. I am not into 996's at all I should say. I like the 930 turbo body styles and ofcourse the super sexy 993's widebodies. Just want to read up on which years to stay away from if any and common problems associated with those cars. I only want a coupe as well. I was recently in an exotic car dealership in Ft.Lauderdale and they had my dream porche. A 930 red turbo with 30K original miles pushing 650rwhp. Original paint, HRE's but $80,000!

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
lis2k said:
On a side note, was looking for a clean 930 and saw this. Anyone know a good website where I can learn more about the older Carreras?

Thanks,
Jeff
Rennlist

But don't register there, you'll only have to read more posts from me on a daily basis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts