Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RSP fetish #23 GTR driver
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that is the question: 2005 Hayabusa, needs all front plastics and mirrors, less than 100 miles on odo - how much is it worth? Bike was in a low speed accident.
How much are the plastics (need to buy all of them plus paint).
Any advice will be appreciated.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
So that is the question: 2005 Hayabusa, needs all front plastics and mirrors, less than 100 miles on odo - how much is it worth? Bike was in a low speed accident.
How much are the plastics (need to buy all of them plus paint).
Any advice will be appreciated.
Full set of plastics run about $1500 or so if you buy them discounted. Buying them from your Suzuki dealership and you are looking at around $2500.

What exactly are you painting? The fairings come with the designs already on.

Tank damaged? Title still clear?

Jonny

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know that plastics come alreday pre-painted. That's great!
Tank is OK. Title is clear.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
I didn't know that plastics come alreday pre-painted. That's great!
Tank is OK. Title is clear.
Yeah, painted with vinyl decals I believe. As for price - Worm knows his Busa's so he would be better to ask.

Jonny

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
nothing is bent?

what did he hit a traffic cone?

cheaper is always better!
if you have the funds buy it, if you don't want it, you should make some sorta profit?

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like nothing is bent.
Girl owns this bike (nothing against girls) and she dropped on intersection, pulling to red light. All plactics fell apart (she still have them).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Worth about 6k to sell, about 2000.00 to fix if it just needs plastics and mirrors. I'd assume it'll need a few other small things though. If you need used or new parts suzukihayabusa.org or member busapro are your tickets.

Jonathan

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Yeah, painted with vinyl decals I believe. As for price - Worm knows his Busa's so he would be better to ask.

Jonny
Yeah they come with decals and painted. They're around 550/side for the lowers from the dealer here. I think the front is like 300ish. Its been a while since I've wrecked a busa. ;)

Bike is worth around 5-6K depending on if it needs wheels, if the forks are bent, etc. Make sure the tank is perfect, they're expensive.

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Worm, thanks for your advice.
I'll see this bike again and make sure tank is OK.
Honestly, I thought that $6k offer would be low-ball...
I'm getting rid of my R1 and thought that this busa would be a good buy.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Worm, thanks for your advice.
I'll see this bike again and make sure tank is OK.
Honestly, I thought that $6k offer would be low-ball...
I'm getting rid of my R1 and thought that this busa would be a good buy.
Well, here you can buy a new one for 9500. A clean 2005 with <1000 miles is worth about 8k. The plastics are 1500 on ebay, that gets you to 6500 and I'm sure there is more messed up than just the plastics.

Worst case a clean title frame is worth 2K and the engine is worth 2500-3000. So it can't be worth less than 5500. Hayabusa is a fun bike, really comfortable and tons of torque. I've had a couple. :D You'll like it if you can get over the WIDE feeling it has versus the liter bikes.

No problem man, let me know if you need any parts you can't find I have some random stuff lying around for sale. Mirrors and what not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts