Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the 05 GTO a freakin deal? Seriously
I had the oppurtunity to buy one last week for $20,500

05 GTO mint condition nice blue color, 6spd, 10K miles.... I fell in love with it, but I already love my Z more than anything so I passed up on it.

Should I have jumped on it and resold it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caplax40 said:
Was it with the 6.0 or the 5.7 V8?
6.0
the 400hp version I believe. Sounded badass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
05 for $20k? Where at in Texas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,259 Posts
Not a smart car to buy for reselling...too much risk. I've never understood why the GTO (particularly 2005+ 6.0L LS2 models) has such a horrendous resale value, but it's a car to be purchased to enjoy, not resell. Hard to beat the bang for the buck on that car, and I actually think they look pretty good minus the newer "forced induction" hood. :)
 

·
2JZ Mk2
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
MadMaxx said:
I wonder if the holden front bumper would bolt up...
It does when you get the whole front end, a few people have done it. You should have jumped on it, its a much nicer car than the Z. The Z was the other car I was looking at. I just didn't like the Z. I felt slow for a 300 hp car and interior is cramped and cheap as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SilverMk2 said:
It does when you get the whole front end, a few people have done it. You should have jumped on it, its a much nicer car than the Z. The Z was the other car I was looking at. I just didn't like the Z. I felt slow for a 300 hp car and interior is cramped and cheap as hell.

I would never sell my Z for anycar. American cars are just... fast and thats about it. It's not a car I would have a "passion" for. They show up pretty frequently at the auction, I might pick one up, drive it for a while and sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Most 05 GTO's I have seen are going for around $25-27k. I bought one for $22k and its a lot of car for that amount of money. While it doesn't feel as sporty as the supra, its quite amaising how effortlesly the 6.0 liter LS2 throws around the 3800 pound GTO. It really feels like a 3300 pound car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Yeah, but its really made in australia. The GTO is a great value. I like them alot more than the Mustang GT. The interior of those is probably one of the best GM has. Really good fit and finish. The seats are also great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trdsolara said:
Yeah, but its really made in australia. The GTO is a great value. I like them alot more than the Mustang GT. The interior of those is probably one of the best GM has. Really good fit and finish. The seats are also great.
2nd on the seats.. freakin incredible.

I don't understand why more people are not buying these....... :scratch:

Considering what you get for the price... it's amazing. The quality feels alot better than other GM products as well.
 

·
Never fast enough
Joined
·
331 Posts
The real deal is the 04 GTO with the LS1. It may be down on power vs the 05, but it has an established aftermarket and really isn't much slower. You can get an 04 for a hell of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Antivenom said:
The real deal is the 04 GTO with the LS1. It may be down on power vs the 05, but it has an established aftermarket and really isn't much slower. You can get an 04 for a hell of a deal.
I don't know much about domestics, but doesn't the 05 have a LS2? wouldn't it be better to mod? I assume it's a bored out LS1?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
The styling is mostly what screwed the GTO.
 

·
Never fast enough
Joined
·
331 Posts
Zboost said:
I don't know much about domestics, but doesn't the 05 have a LS2? wouldn't it be better to mod? I assume it's a bored out LS1?
Yes the 05 has the LS2 (+50hp). You can call it a bored LS1 I guess, but it's more the next evolution of the engine. I'm not sure about the long run, but right now the older engine has tons of already proven setups and will be easier to mod. The money you save between the two can buy you enough mods for much more than 400hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
davidX said:
The styling is mostly what screwed the GTO.
I really like the styling, though that is preferential.

My ONLY qualm with this car is that it's on the heavy side. In any case, I am not a prospective buyer of any cars right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Styling up front leaves a bit to be desired. However, I swapped my 05 hood for a scoop-less 04 one 3 days after buying my GTO, and dropped $1400 (total cost shipped) on the Monaro VZ front end conversion.

Takes this




to this:


and, for once, it feels like you actually get every one of the 400 horses as advertised. The Mustang and Charger were letdowns in that department for me...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top