Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc.../MAX675VD/us-en-product-pf_1134643389338.html

Based on the features of this unit, I personally think its going to be a hit compared to other double din units.

Unlike many double dins out there, this one has a 7" screen instead of the typical 6.5".

It comes with a hard drive based navigation instead of dvd, which makes it quicker.

It has the best iPod integration. It has a virtual on screen iPod. You cant get any better than that.

What do u guys think?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
xknowonex said:
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc.../MAX675VD/us-en-product-pf_1134643389338.html

Unlike many double dins out there, this one has a 7" screen instead of the typical 6.5".

:scratch: For 06, most manufactures went to a 7" as well.....

Even though i have been a bit of a clarion hater from the begining - this piece looks really cool. I'd like to see the ipod integration in person. Unfortunately up here, there isnt any dealers that i know of that support clarion anymore.

88mkiii - are you guys a clarion dealer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
just talked to the clarion rep a couple weeks ago.. that piece won't be available for quite a while. think late fall quarter..

one really nice thing about the ipod deal.. if you have a video ipod, you can order a special video cable that will allow you to play videos stored on your ipod on the clarion screen. very hot.. kinda funny though, cuz the deck won't be out till like november but the cord will be out by july.. haha

but i have seen the ipod interface for non-video pods.. we just installed one in the owners rig. (new single din fold out obviously) and it's pretty damn cool. you get a screen similar to the 3rd gen ipods which mimics the ipod's screen (even repeat/shuffle icons are shown) and you get a small wheel next to it that has the standard controls (menu, play/pause, foward, back) .. doesn't operate like the scroll wheel, but it's stil pretty cool.

we should be getting his car back in the shot in the next week or so to install the new clarion seperates (kinda nice being a vendor and getting your own rig sponsored) and when it does i'll get a few pics of the thing in action with my 5th gen. was gonna get some pics last time, but he came in on the one day i didn't bring my camera.. haha

·
040-MK4 Only 19Kmiles
423 Posts
The the cost for this unit?
Thanks,

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
minguezCD said:
88mkiii - are you guys a clarion dealer?

used to be, you can't make shit for money selling them at reasonable prices though :sad:

they do make some good stuff, but it's not worth it when you're not making anything off them.

DBLAZE97 said:
nice. does anybody know the MSRP price for the clarion?

clarion or eclipse? any suggestions?

Personally I'm a bigger fan of Eclipse. The ipod integration works really well, it's a little different between the AVN series and the CD series. I'm waiting on the AVN6600 to see how the FULL ipod integration will work. I plan to give it lots of testing....in my car :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts