Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· King of the Jungle
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's 2006 EVO IX MR, 3.5" HPfreaks Goliath turbo-back exhaust, ECU reflash, MBC, AEM intake, dropped 3" on Tanabe Sustec Pro Seven coilovers with Volk TE37 19's. The car went 165mph, clocked by us from the air and holy crap was it covering ground fast. (for these shots, a tamer 45mph was sufficient).

All of these shot with a Canon 20d/17-85mm IS USM lens from a PowraChute ultralite in Idaho Falls, ID. Quite possibly one of the coolest experiences I have ever had.

You can see just how close we were flying to the car. in this shot we are less than 10 ft. from the ground and 20 ft. from the car, look at our reflection in the EVO's side windows!

Enjoy!

· BOOBIES
6,282 Posts
AWESOME PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Wow, seeing this makes me rethink buying new rims for the MR... white is definitely king.

*edit...

oops... those aren't stock lol

· King of the Jungle
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
OOBE said:
Nice...but pictures came a tad too soft.
Hmmm...I just don't see it. Which ones do you speak of?

For example, here is an unedited 100% crop of the fifth one down from its full 8MP size:

Over 100 people have seen these and you are the first to mention that so I am strangely intrigued. :)

· Banned
6,247 Posts
The lancer evolution is one of the most un-photogenic cars i have ever seen. You really have to be standing next to it to appreciate its lines. Trust me I spent about an hour yesterday trying to shoot one.

· BOOBIES
6,282 Posts
Ball Bearing Supra said:
The lancer evolution is one of the most un-photogenic cars i have ever seen. You really have to be standing next to it to appreciate its line. Trust me I spent about an hour yesterday trying to shoot one.
I dunno about you but just about every one of the angles posted makes the car look great...

Seems photogenic to me :dunno:

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
Boring car made more boring in plain white with plain wheels.

Very nice photography, though. Those exact same pictures would have been greater if a curvy, sexy car was photographed.

· Banned
6,247 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Boring car made more boring in plain white with plain wheels.

Very nice photography, though. Those exact same pictures would have been greater if a curvy, sexy car was photographed.
:werdlol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.