Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get the IS at just below MSRP and I can get the Audi at or below invoice. Thoughts on which one would be a better daily driver????
Peter

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
No question... Lexus... I can get you $1500-2000 off MSRP on an IS out here if you make the right choice:)

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, wrong forum....
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan, will I lose that $1,500-2,000 b/c of shipping the car to Houston???
Peter

WOTM said:
No question... Lexus... I can get you $1500-2000 off MSRP on an IS out here if you make the right choice:)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
houstonT said:
Sorry, wrong forum....
Peter
No biggy I got ya cover.

And get the IS no doubt, S4 is a boring car IMO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My friend Rodrick Watson works at Westside Lexus in Houston. He got me an is350 back in october.. couldn't haggle back then. But now he has been taking care of other referrals i've been sending him this yr. Tell him 'Bernard' sent you. Also, I know of another guy who was given $1700 off an is350 up at Park Place Lexus in Dallas this past weekend.. don't know the salesguy personally though. Finally, another friend just purchased an is350 from Oregon w/ $2200 off. But he is paying $900 to ship that down to Houston.. still saving $1300 there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Get the IS, cant beat the reliability of a Lexus. Make sure to get the ML audio system best stock system i have ever heard.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
They're both fun...S4 gives you the option of a manual gearbox which puts it over the top in my book. You're not low on performance cars so you may enjoy the ease of an automatic...

I've driven 'em both quite a bit and the lexus feels lighter and is a quieter, smoother ride... As you don't need AWD and if can deal with the auto, IS350 FTW.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I think the S4 is a hotter car and is probably faster. The Lexus will be more reliable and I used to really like it when it first came out. After seeing more and more on the street in person, I'd rather just stick to a GS to be honest. They just dont do it for me anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Bernard, PM me your number.
Thanks!
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL, oh no! I'm BROKE man!!!!!!!! :) I go back and forth b/w the Audi and Lex.
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, I want something NEW with full warranty and I want an automatic. I drive 25 miles each way to work and sit in shitty traffic everyday. So a 6-speed is out of the question.
Peter

importtuner said:
How about a pre-owned E39 M5?

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Peter,

Get the Lex. Owned a few Audis. With a new one, you won't be coming out of pocket, but you will be exercising your warranty rights. I know you change cars like some of us change shoes, my friend, but, if for some reason you decided to keep the car for most of its useful life, then it's no comparison. Lex all the way as you should never own a German car off warranty. Good luck.

Ken.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Ive been going back and forth between the same two cars for a few months.. both have their good and bad points..

Lexus:

Pros: reliability, cutting edge technology, really cool layout and cockpit design, great resale values

Cons: cant get the IS350 in awd (snows here), too many electronic doo dads that govern what you can or cant do, small back seat, back seat doesnt fold down

Audi:

Pros: Awd, very fast, german design, not as flashy as the IS350, great warranty

cons: basic interior design without all the latest gadgets, off warranty they cost big bucks to repair, mechanical and electrical gremlins, major hit on depreciation (Ive seen used s4's with almost no miles going for low $40's or once high $30's.

Now if Lexus comes out with an is350 awd its a no brainer. Id buy one in a second. what Im probably going to end up doing is buy the 350 for me and the s4 drop top for the wife... she just doesnt realize it yet.. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts