Supra Forums banner

what did you think of the video?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, a few things... the first half of the video is a slideshow of the competitors in the 2006 Pump Gas Drags and the aspect ratio is a little off... anyway if that's boring to you then skip to about 7 minutes into the video to watch the races. I chose not to ruin the sound of the engines with music so it's raw.

HighRes hosted by www.memphisracingscene.com is here (trying out widescreen format)

*right click save as* to download

http://www.memphisracingscene.com/pp/data/906/PumpGasDrags2006.wmv

LowRes hosted by www.streetfire.net is here (low quality video but still cd quality audio)

*click the link to view*

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/CEF54A87-4218-44F8-AE27-CF3141514C16.htm

Let me know what you think by voting in the poll. Thanks and Enjoy

·
Registered
199 Posts
First of all, cool vid and bad ass cars.

Now some questions:

When they say pump gas drags, are all cars really running 91-93 octane gas? Being an import 4cylinder guy I think it's awesome to see cars running numerous 9 sec and 8 sec passes on pump.

Also, did anyone notice the pick up truck that appeared to be purging nitrous through the whole 1/4?

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my91talontsi said:
First of all, cool vid and bad ass cars.

Now some questions:

When they say pump gas drags, are all cars really running 91-93 octane gas? Being an import 4cylinder guy I think it's awesome to see cars running numerous 9 sec and 8 sec passes on pump.

Also, did anyone notice the pick up truck that appeared to be purging nitrous through the whole 1/4?

those cars all met up at competition cams in memphis, drained the gas tanks and filled up with 93 octane and drove to the track in millington and were not allowed to stop and could only use the tools they brought in their car. one person could help them if they had a problem once at the track. if they were to overheat or breakdown on the way they were disqualified. The point of all of this is to see who has the fastest street car on pump gas.

well I hope everyone noticed the truck purging all the way down the track (hand on wrong button) .. I was zooming in on it for that reason ;) at least he knows what he runs off the spray now lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure why this thread has gotten two "i didn't like it" votes, but the cars are fast and that's cool in my book.

·
Bored User
336 Posts
I'll let you know how I like it when it finishes in about 2 hours or so (currently downloading at a whopping 19.7KB/sec). :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Man, I had to download it three times before I got the entire thing. Those cars were pretty fast. I would have liked to have seen if there was a Supra who could hang on pump gas (maybe with meth injection), but I don't know. Good Video!

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah I figure there were some imports on pump gas that could have given it a good run..hell that v6 mustang was on pump running low 10's, no reason another v6 couldnt' do the same.

those car were hand picked by competition cams which put on the whole event and obviously they cater to the american muscle cars. If they put a supra or other import out there and it beat something that crowd would be hating it.

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Guido said:
Man, I had to download it three times before I got the entire thing. Those cars were pretty fast. I would have liked to have seen if there was a Supra who could hang on pump gas (maybe with meth injection), but I don't know. Good Video!

they could.

if they had the same engine and chasis.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Whatever said:
In all reality, how many Supras out there run in the 8's on pump gas? Cause thats what it would need to do to win that event.
What do you mean? I have read about "street supras" that run 8s. The supras would have owned that event, they must not have been allowed in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts