Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Does anyone like the front view?

The Ultima Factory who are the current world record holders, have for the third consecutive year smashed the world record for sprinting to 100mph and back to zero again in the all conquering, multiple world record holding 200mph Ultima GTR supercar.

Driven by Ultima Director, Richard Marlow, the British built and designed Ultima GTR road car set a new world record time of a staggering 9.4 secs for the 0-100mph-0 sprint. The GTR scorched from:
0-60mph in 2.6 secs
0-100mph in 5.3 secs
100-0 in a mind blowing 3.6 secs

which are all in themselves road car world record times.

The Ultima GTR used for the successful record attempt was the factory’s standard production specification Ultima GTR640 demonstrator, which has recently been upgraded with a 720bhp Chevrolet V8 engine, and hence now known as the Ultima GTR720. The GTR720 was fully road legal, road tyred and equipped with a standard 5 speed G50 transmission and a standard production engine option from Ultima’s official OE engine suppliers American Speed. No traction control devices or ABS braking aids were used.

Richard Marlow commented, “ We always knew that the Ultima was more than capable of achieving performance figures of this caliber. There is no other supercar in history which can match the pace of the Ultima GTR in this discipline. Furthermore the GTR720 is available at a fraction of the price of all other supercars and is also fantastic to drive at more sedate road speeds with its road friendly engine

The Ultima GTR with its superior power to weight ratio is now over two seconds quicker from 0-100mph-0 than the £750,000 McLaren F1 LM, and over one and a half seconds quicker than the £450,000 Ferrari Enzo. What’s more the GTR720 performed these world beating statistics consistently and reliably time after time. The mind boggling 30-70mph time of just 1.8 seconds is further proof that the Ultima is so far ahead of any other car in terms of outright performance.

0-100mph-0

Ultima GTR 9.4secs
Ferrari Enzo 10.9secs
McLaren F1 LM 11.5secs
Porsche Carrera GT 11.6secs
Pagani Zonda 11.8secs
Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 13.1secs
Ferrari F40 13.8secs
Lamborghini Murcielago 13.9secs
Dodge Viper SRT-10 14.6secs
Aston Martin DB9 14.9secs
Honda NSX Type-R 16.2secs

0-60 mph

Ultima GTR 2.6secs
Ferrari Enzo 3.4secs
McLaren F1 LM 3.2secs
Porsche Carrera GT 3.7secs
Pagani Zonda 3.7secs
Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 3.7secs
Ferrari F40 3.8secs
Lamborghini Murcielago 4.0secs
Dodge Viper SRT-10 4.4secs
Aston Martin DB9 5.0secs
Honda NSX Type-R 4.9secs

0-100 mph

Ultima GTR 5.3secs
Ferrari Enzo 6.7secs
McLaren F1 LM 6.3secs
Porsche Carrera GT 7.4secs
Pagani Zonda 7.5secs
Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 8.5secs
Ferrari F40 7.8secs
Lamborghini Murcielago 9.0secs
Dodge Viper SRT-10 9.5secs
Aston Martin DB9 10.2secs
Honda NSX Type-R 11.4secs

100mph-0 braking comparison times
(not including drivers reaction time)

Ultima GTR 3.6secs

Ferrari Enzo 4.0secs
McLaren F1 LM 4.6secs
Porsche Carrera GT 4.1secs
Pagani Zonda 4.0secs
Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 4.2secs
Ferrari F40 4.7secs
Lamborghini Murcielago 4.4secs
Dodge Viper SRT-10 4.7secs
Aston Martin DB9 4.4secs
Honda NSX Type-R 4.4secs

What do you guys think? I wonder how many will mention how quick it is from a roll.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Damn that's impressive! Would love to see someone put a TT on that monster :D

Looks..., I would rather have an Italian super car.

How is the handling compared to the other super cars?

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Those would make much better "road cars" if you could see out the back window...err...lack of one.

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
You'll be moving too fast for a blind spot...LOL

And too bad it's ugly...it's a sick fast car though

*EDIT* WTF kind of street tires are those? other than the lines running the length of the tire, there is no tread.

·
Registered
345 Posts
More than you can afford pal.....

Sorry I just had a F&F flash back... :)

I think less than 150K, if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
FYRARMS said:
Those would make much better "road cars" if you could see out the back window...err...lack of one.
Top flight supercars seem to always have a big issue in some area. It's pretty hard to make a supercar that has superior aerodynamics, top speed stability, goo d overall visibility, good safety all around, handling, etc, all while being unique on it's own, there is always going to be something. With the Enzo the biggest gripe is the styling, they are coming out with a new Enzo that will not be called an Enzo (forgot the name that fast, I think its Nuovo), but it's based off the FXX and will have close resemblance to an F1 car in the front.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vilhelm said:
Damn that's impressive! Would love to see someone put a TT on that monster :D

Looks..., I would rather have an Italian super car.

How is the handling compared to the other super cars?
I always wanted to see what a turbo LS7 would do in a Mosler MT900S.

·
Invert.
257 Posts
It's my dream to put this engine in this car. http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm
Rediculous? Yes. I don't care.

Here are a few more stats for the car from
http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/records/poster1hr.pdf

1.176g on the 200 ft skidpad
231 Mph top speed, gearing limited
Standing 1/4 mile 10.5 @ 140

On a 1.5 mile stretch, it reached 204 mph!

Skidpad comparison
SKIDPAD COMPARISON FIGURES

(Lateral g) 200ft

Ultima GTR 1.176
Porsche 911 GT1 1.07
Porsche 911 GT2 1.02
Ferrari Enzo 1.01
Porsche Carrera GT 0.99
Saleen S7 0.99
Ford GT40 0.99
Lotus Elise 0.98
Porsche Ruf R Turbo 0.97
Porsche 996 Turbo 0.96
Porsche Boxster S 0.95
Lamborghini Gallardo 0.95
Corvette Z06 0.94
Ferrari 360 0.93
Porsche 911 GT3 0.92
Honda NSX 0.91
Lamborghini Murcielago 0.90
McLaren F1 0.86

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
topscrt04 said:
It's pretty hard to make a supercar that has superior aerodynamics, top speed stability, goo d overall visibility, good safety all around, handling, etc, all while being unique on it's own, there is always going to be something.
Zonda F?

+ with the Zonda...you get the SOUND!

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
just doesnt have much class.... much style....

its dull...

yea its fast..... so is my uncles mustang..... and my buddys hyabusa.....

(i dont have a uncle with a mustang... or a buddy with a busa... but u get the point)

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
kazesupra said:
You'll be moving too fast for a blind spot...LOL

And too bad it's ugly...it's a sick fast car though

*EDIT* WTF kind of street tires are those? other than the lines running the length of the tire, there is no tread.
uh what? there are tread blocks all through tires. Are you lookin at something different here???

OK i dont see how the hell you can see out those side mirrors. Doesnt look like you sit far back enough to see shit.

Alex

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Alx2785 said:
uh what? there are tread blocks all through tires. Are you lookin at something different here???

OK i dont see how the hell you can see out those side mirrors. Doesnt look like you sit far back enough to see shit.

Alex
OK, I'm not sure what I saw either...my bad

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Yeah those GTR's are badass! Don't think I would enjoy it on the street too much, but if I had the money to get any track car I wanted, it would be this for sure.

But for people who don't have that much to spend on a badass track car (I know it's technically a street car) I'd go with the Radical, Atom, or Factory Five GTM.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
what about the koenegsegg and the velron?

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,519 Posts
Anyone notice that in that video at the end when he is driving off, it clearly sounds like he is shifting manually, but his left hand is on the streering wheel... where is the shifter?

Badass car though! Id love to drive that! Id drive it everyday...

Btw, those wheels look like Volk GTPs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts