Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Audi today revealed the much-anticipated 2007 Audi TT Coupe. The car represents an evolution of the original’s design, with considerably more aggressive styling. The new TT is larger (5 inches longer, 3 inches wider), and completely re-engineered. One of the most noticeable changes is the addition of Audi’s new corporate face — aggressive headlights coupled with a large grille. The car is available with a four- or six-cylinder engine. The latter of which produces 250 hp and enables the TT to hit 62 mph in 5.7 seconds via its Quattro all-wheel-drive. (The 200hp model is only offered with front-drive). The car has a spoiler that deploys at 75 mph. The interior of the car is also vastly different, all of which can be seen in our photo gallery after the jump…

Two powerful gas engines are available to power the car. The 2.0l turbocharged four-cylinder TFSI unit featuring FSI direct injection develops 200 hp. With a six-speed manual gearbox, it accelerates the TT to 62 mph in just 6.4 seconds, reaching a top speed of 240 km/h. The sonorous-sounding, naturally aspirated 3.2-litre V6 engine develops 184 kW (250 bhp), accelerating from zero to 62 mph in 5.7 seconds and reaching a top speed of 250 km/h (electronically governed).

Both engines are equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox. On request they can be combined with the dynamic S tronic dual-clutch gearbox. Whereas the four-cylinder engine comes with front-wheel drive, the V6 distributes its power across both axles by way of the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system.

The Audi dynamic suspension was newly developed and tuned for the TT Coupe. One of its hallmarks is its self-steering behaviour right up to the handling limits, which ranges from neutral to light understeer. This sporty orientation produces driving fun, agility and supreme handling characteristics.

The track enlargement, with larger wheels ranging from 16 to 19 inches in size, and extensive changes in the area of elastokinematics were key areas of the developers’ work. The new multi-link rear suspension ensures optimum driving dynamics at a sports car level.

The high-tech Audi magnetic ride damper system is available as an option. In this system, tiny magnetic particles circulate in the oil inside the shock absorbers. When a voltage is applied to them, they alter the damping characteristics within milliseconds. This adaptive system simultaneously ensures high levels of ride comfort and thoroughly sporty dynamism, according to the specific driving scenario and the preferences of the driver.

The standard features of the new Audi TT include an automatic air conditioning system and a flat-bottomed sports steering wheel. The latter is not only entirely suitable for the sports car but also makes it easier to get in and out. The air vents, steering wheel spokes and many of the controls are finished in an aluminium look.

With regard to options, customers can choose from a variety of high-tech solutions, including the adaptive light dynamic cornering light system and the Audi parking system which aids parking.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
cough cough...mitsubishi eclipse rear end/tail lights. I dig the headlights thought. Are they going to make this one pass Ca/Ma emissions?

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Never been a fan of TTs and never will. Looks better than before, but that's all I'll say on the positive side.

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Good post Wob.

I can't say I like it, but I certainly don't hate it either. The old car was fun to drive, in the 225 hp version. With 250 hp and a torquy V6, it must be kinda fun. But then again, there are so many things in that market segment, I'm not sure a TT would be my first choice...

-Olivier

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
That interior looks as sumptuous as a dark chocolate cake.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I like the way it looks, and a quattro turbo will be fun. Here is my only issue with it.....

.....it's still a VW Golf underneath. I do love the interior.

John

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Boostrush said:
I'd be interested to see real crash results with another car, not an 18 wheeler. Most cars that sit that low would lose the same way.

i agree. that crash was not on the bumper.

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the whole rear 3/4's of the car is straight carrera ...

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
I'm a little dissapointed in the power. I thought I had read somewhere that there was gonna be a more performance oriented model with more cajones.

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think there is going to be an R model

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Still a bubblebutt!

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
the whole rear 3/4's of the car is straight carrera ...
....with a bit of CLS Mercedes thrown in for good measure on the flanks.

Ken.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts