·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Infiniti today unveiled the all-new 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan at the New York Auto Show. The second generation of Infiniti’s top-selling vehicle is scheduled to go on sale in November 2006. The car features the “next generation” of the award-winning VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6, now rated at an estimated “300-plus horsepower.” The G’s second generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform features a 4-wheel independent suspension with lightweight aluminum components and improved body stiffness. The 2007 G35 is also offered with Infiniti “intelligent” all-wheel drive system. The car comes with a 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual. The Automatic has manual shift mode via magnesium paddle shifters.
Available advanced technologies include RearView Monitor, a touch screen navigation system with available real-time traffic and the audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose, combining the industry’s first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating a 24-bit Burr Brown Digital Audio Converter.

Inside, the all-new interior design “offers a new level of modern warmth and hospitality.” The G interior also offers unique features such as the white-and-violet Fine Vision gauge illumination and high-touch, textured aluminum-alloy trim with “Washi” (traditional Japanese handmade paper) patterning.

Comfort and convenience features include standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), wood trim and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.

-Courtesy of LeftLane News

·
Registered
830 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I kind of like it, and want to know more about the new developments to the VQ35 engine.

Steve T.
Probably direct injection. I still don't know about Infiniti. I see them in the magazines and they look sorta nice and makes me wonder why they aren't as popular as a Lexus. On paper they seem to be a good match, if not better than a Lexus. It all doesn't make sense until you look at one in person and take a seat. To me, they are a little cheap feeling inside and the exteriors have too much of a funky Fenchy look. You get the sense it could look so much better if they did something different here, or didn't do that there. The last thing I don't really care for is unlike Lexus or Acura, Infiniti tries to pull the German car maker trick where they make options that should come standard like other Japanese makes just to print lower prices in automags and advertizing.

Sam

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Look at the topology of the nav. control buttons. Talk about focusing on details! Japanese are darn good at it.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I say screw the sedan, it's got a nice interior and all, but gimme the coupe! Let's all hope and pray that the new coupe looks like that concept Infiniti did a little while back. The new sedan has a lot of the same styling cues as the concept coupe, so we'll see.

For those that don't remember, here's the concept coupe

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Isn't Infiniti using the old HPrating system on the VQ series engine still?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Even though car mags. love the 3-series I truly think the BMW reign to mass appeal of compact entry premium sports sedans is over. Look at the interior of this and the new IS. Add in good reliability scores (the 3-series is not bad, but somehow asking around in the real world I think the disparity is greater than surveys lead to believe) and the minute handling joys of a 3-series seem trivial.

·
Registered
830 Posts
STAGED said:
Even though car mags. love the 3-series I truly think the BMW reign to mass appeal of compact entry premium sports sedans is over. Look at the interior of this and the new IS. Add in good reliability scores (the 3-series is not bad, but somehow asking around in the real world I think the disparity is greater than surveys lead to believe) and the minute handling joys of a 3-series seem trivial.
My ZHP 330i had a bad alternator two hours after buying the car. After that I had no problems. I think BMW still has a damn nice car with the 330. You don't know until you drive one. I always thought it was all hype, but it's true. I enjoyed driving that car more than my S4 and C32 even though it had a 100HP deficit. I think BMW is safe, until some else figures out how to make their cars drive like a BMW.

Sam

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
BPUKiller said:
My ZHP 330i had a bad alternator two hours after buying the car. After that I had no problems. I think BMW still has a damn nice car with the 330. You don't know until you drive one. I always thought it was all hype, but it's true. I enjoyed driving that car more than my S4 and C32 even though it had a 100HP deficit. I think BMW is safe, until some else figures out how to make their cars drive like a BMW.

Sam
Well Sam, you are a true driver's car man into BMW's handling/driver feedback nuances and not a mainstream buyer looking for BMW's snoot appeal. :)

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Sam,

the problem with BMW is their lack of "hardcoreness" nowadays. Their cars are becoming more and more like the G35 and IS350. The dont look as different, both interior and exterior, and they are also now slower and less sporty they used to be compared to the competition. They will have to fix this IMO to get back to the all-around, best entry luxury class leader.

-Olivier

·
Registered
830 Posts
Olivier Caza said:
Sam,

the problem with BMW is their lack of "hardcoreness" nowadays. Their cars are becoming more and more like the G35 and IS350. The dont look as different, both interior and exterior, and they are also now slower and less sporty they used to be compared to the competition. They will have to fix this IMO to get back to the all-around, best entry luxury class leader.

-Olivier
I don't think they are less sporty. I just think there are more car makers with sporty cars, doing so by copying BMW's. All cars are a litte heavier now days in the name of ridgidity and safety, this has a negative effect on tossibility and pureness, but huge payoffs in everyday driving. I think most people want a comfortable and sporty car and that's what BMW and everyone else is doing. The difference is BMW still offers those hardcore cars, like my ZHP or M cars and so far Lexus and Infiniti have no such offerings. I agree with you that power is down compared to the competition, hell a new Camry is faster than a 330, but speed isn't everything. I'm sure BMW has some tricks up it's sleeves to address the power issue.

Sam

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
Looks a lot better than current sedan, but I wouldn't take it over the new coupe... The interior improvements are very nice, though. New coupe will probably share the same interior like the current generation does.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts