Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2012 GT-R LAWL
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone one here owned the new cts-v? I was bouncing the idea around of getting one for a DD. I have an 06 e55 that is fast approaching warranty-less status and am looking at my other options.

The E55 is a great car don't get me wrong, but to me it seems like the v does everything it does better and with a warranty to boot. The upkeep on the v seems like it would be less as well. The car would be getting minor bolt ons as im sure the rewards are fairly great.

I would be getting the AUTO and would like to get a wagon is the performance is not that much different.

Just looking for feedback.

Thanks

·
Money Power Respect
1,008 Posts
I think bolt-on and tune gets you 600+rwhp. I've heard that the wagons have actually been getting better times in the quarter because they put down the power a bit better (could be wrong though).

·
HighCompression+Boost=Win
1,894 Posts
I drove a 6 speed a few months back and really liked it, it drove nice and smooth. Gobs of torque at low RPM. I really liked the the car. I would get one if I was able to drive it more, I just couldn't justify 55k and only put 2-3k miles on it a year and still loose 4-5k in value every year.

·
2012 GT-R LAWL
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea resell is always a big factor in my decision and I know caddy isnt the best. I was hoping the wagon would bring a bit more when it came time to sell it due to low production numbers. I know this holds true for E55 wagons, they bring 5-7 over the sedans.

Thanks for all the responses I need to go test drive one and report back!

·
Super Moderator
10,842 Posts
The wagon is the best looking V, IMO. If I was going to get a CTS V, the wagon would be my choice. Saw a silver one recently and it is truly bad ass in person. Best of luck with your decision.

Ken.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had a 2010 6-speed sedan and hurt a lot feelings at TX2K10. Later on I did a pulley, heat exchanger, intake, and tune. It made 559whp and 576wtq on a conservative tune. It was a blast to drive and was exceptionally comfortable. Make sure you get the Recaro seats.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Actually the V's hold their value fairly well. Look at the used prices on the 1st gen V's. They are still commanding a decent price and that is even more impressive considering the 2nd gen has been around for a while now.

·
2012 GT-R LAWL
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Easy2speed do you have any recommendations for tried and true mods and manufacturers for the car. I have been surfing over at the Cadillac forums but they are very hard to navigate.

Good point on the resell but I think the gen 1 may have reached its peak depreciation for the foreseeable future. Just as I don't think an 03 e55 will dip much below 20 for nice models as its reached its peak depreciation. The issue I have on the V is I would most likely have to buy it new, as I cant seem to find many wagons for sale. This means I would take a sizable hit later down the road.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Easy2speed do you have any recommendations for tried and true mods and manufacturers for the car. I have been surfing over at the Cadillac forums but they are very hard to navigate.

Good point on the resell but I think the gen 1 may have reached its peak depreciation for the foreseeable future. Just as I don't think an 03 e55 will dip much below 20 for nice models as its reached its peak depreciation. The issue I have on the V is I would most likely have to buy it new, as I cant seem to find many wagons for sale. This means I would take a sizable hit later down the road.

Thanks
do a 2.55 upper or a 9.5" lower if you want to go back to stock. Get a "New Era" or a " Wait4Me " intake. I suggest kooks headers with high flow cats running into the stock mufflers. Get a " Wait4me " Heat exchanger & a 160tstat. Tune & engjoy

·
Hardtopper
251 Posts
The wagon is the best looking V, IMO. If I was going to get a CTS V, the wagon would be my choice. Saw a silver one recently and it is truly bad ass in person. Best of luck with your decision.

Ken.
Ken speaks the truth!!

·
Registered
17,677 Posts

Ken.
Hands down the wagon is the best looking of the V's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.