Discussion Starter #1

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
REPOST times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.06 YOU SUCK AT LIFE

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Only one issue: How do you mod a hybrid powerplant? Oh wait, one more: How many of these next Supras have we seen/heard of so far? I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
Only one issue: How do you mod a hybrid powerplant? Oh wait, one more: How many of these next Supras have we seen/heard of so far? I'm not holding my breath.

I have spoken to a few of the hed powertrain engineers at Toyota.... Basically you cannot modify this car at all!! The hybrid ECUs have a predetermined amount of torque that they will let the wheels see..... therefore if you increase the output of the gas engine, the ECU will decrease the amount of TQ applied by the electric motors!! :(

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Until someone breaks the code on this ECU:)

I have spoken to a few of the hed powertrain engineers at Toyota.... Basically you cannot modify this car at all!! The hybrid ECUs have a predetermined amount of torque that they will let the wheels see..... therefore if you increase the output of the gas engine, the ECU will decrease the amount of TQ applied by the electric motors!! :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they do have a v8.... The v6 hybrid around $40,000 base ,and the base v8 $50,000. Hopefully these come in a manual tranny.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
So just keep adding power anyways! haha. What happens when you add...say...200hp? :D

Actually that seems like a benefit sort of. While you are cruising around town you will have the electric motors, but once you stomp on the car they would shut off from the added power right? Doesn't seem to hard to work around, or a problem.

Alex

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I really wish they would just come out and release the car or make a big announcement stating that it will not be made. Then maybe these dumb ass threads will stop popping up daily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.