Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
The Great Beast 666
510 Posts
e car itself....does not mention the trans other than the part that ebay requires to check a box to select manual. kinda reminds me of when i first saw the car for sale and little detail was given then and members had to ask for it. he said at the time he was new to selling/listing. still, something as noteworthy as a swap should def be posted.
hmm

·
Registered
59 Posts
he really doesnt give any details on the car itself....does not mention the trans other than the part that ebay requires to check a box to select manual. kinda reminds me of when i first saw the car for sale and little detail was given then and members had to ask for it. he said at the time he was new to selling/listing. still, something as noteworthy as a swap should def be posted.

here is a copy of his description on ebay incase things get changed/updated in the future...
The less he says about the car, the less people can question it. Unless, obviously, they know what to look for and they know that this is shady as fuck.

·
Registered
781 Posts
People getting underwater trying to flip already overvalued MKIV’s for profit is lunacy, y’all.

I tell myself something over and over again and I’ll say it to you guys to in case anything wise ever results in it: “the best time to sell beanie babies was when grandma was buying them

😂 😂 😂

I'll never be able to afford a 6 speed unless I take out loans on my neighbor's houses.

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Forgot to add, the battery exploded and ruined paint on the drivers fender, so there is paintwork. Again, not disclosed, 1 sentance ad asking for 200k of someones money.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The guy is worried that disclosing the swap and repaint info will steer people away from it. Than forgets that it will make him look shady.

I sent him a message on ebay regarding the issue about not disclosing those information and now I am waiting to see what he have to said about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In the end it’s a used car and as is. I remember 20 years ago when I found out that Toyota would swap the transmission tunnels for the manuals. Transmissions are based on sales so more automatics sold and now we want manuals so there’s no problem in swapping it. I understand some peoples opinions would be To disclosed but it’s not required. If it’s a concern, you could always check the decal. There’s no way I would pay this price for any Supra because I would rather have other vehicles for $200,000 like a last GEN Viper ACR.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I know you guys are poring over the details here, but would any of you seriously buy anything for $200k from someone with less than perfect feedback on ebay? I wouldn't. I would be skeptical of buying something for $200 (not thousand, just dollars) from someone with a 96.x percent rating. I've been burned before, it's not fun, even if you're made whole in the end.

Reactions: BrewP

·
From the land down under
4,545 Posts
Exactly ^

Everybody can make a mistake, or deal with a difficult buyer, and have it affect their feedback rating, but once you slip under the 99% threshold, you are on the black list in my books

·
...pop the hood!
1,128 Posts
looks like seller updated it...

White Twin Turbo manual with 10,500 original miles. Originally an automatic converted to manual using all OEM parts ($24K and over one year to complete). Documented by expert Supra builder in Southern CA. This is a rare opportunity to own an original car and feel Toyota Twin Turbo power in manual configuration. Too many of these cars have been altered, upgraded, or have too many miles on them.

Car is in professional climate control showroom storage in Laguna Hills, CA. If you are a serious buyer and want to see the car, make a serious offer. No one under 6 figures will be considered or replied back to. I am in no desperation to sell the car as it is only going up in value. If you win, you will need complete payment within 10 days. If you do not have Ebay rating your offer will not be considered. Too many scammers, low ballers, and looky lews.

After full payment has cleared, buyer can pick up car from Laguna Hills or at an additional charge, I can ship the car to anywhere in the contingent (48 states) united states. Buyer responsible to pay for shipping cost upfront to the shipping company directly.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
Who said it had paint work? I don’t remember it having paint work.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
775 Posts
Who said it had paint work? I don’t remember it having paint work.
I had to scroll again. I mistaken a post about peter's old car and mixed it up with the 199k car.

That's my sign that I should stop cruising the forums and go to bed lol. My bad!

-Rich

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
It had a very small amount of etching on the front driver fender that we assumed was from battery acid but the fender was not painted to cover this up and the etching is still there. The rear bumper also has two scratches next to the exhaust that you can’t see unless you get on your hands and knees and look under the car.

Reactions: FasTTurbo
21 - 40 of 40 Posts