Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the GT-R signifies Nissan's Innovation, the 350z signifies their heritage, then the Silvia (or the 240sx or the 200sx or the 180sx.....you know what I meant...) is the model that signifies their youth. Since the famous (relatively) low cost FR sport coupe ended production in August of 2002. Young drivers armed with a fresh license and too much Initial D anime + Option drifting videos, are all yelling and screaming like the AGK (Angry German Kid) on youtube, demanding the comeback of the FR icon.

Admist all the GT-R coverage dominating the media, It has been reported that the Nissan "Silvia" has been confirmed by both the CEO of Nissan Carlos Ghosn and Nissan's COO Toshiyuki Shiga, and will be making its comeback in 2010 with a price point between 2,000,000~2,500,000 JPY.

Obliviously there are on information at this point on its spec other than it will be a FR sport coupe utilizing the new "Z" platform and possibility powered by a Renault engine.

· Registered
805 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
To be honest. That looks ugly as sin. They need to put back the longer thinner lights. Actually, now that I finally see that the first picture, I think it looks really nice. Not slim and as sporty as the original silvia's but it looks pretty darn good. The first and only the first picture though. The ones under it look ugly.

· Registered
712 Posts
FUGLY by all standards, looks like a glorified Altima coupe.

To date, the S-15 is the best looking Silvia IMHO.

· Administrator
20,577 Posts
S15 was the best looking of the bunch by far. I wish they would just mildly refresh that and offer it to the US market instead of this new design.

· Registered
18,343 Posts
The looks are not great (although I don't think it's ugly) but I welcome a nice sporty RWD ccoupe with a good base price as it would make a great DD:agreed:

And my favorite 240 is still the fastback S13 (have owned 2 of them).

· Registered
328 Posts
looks like a 350z/g35 thats balls havent dropped yet

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Hyundai beats them to the punch with the next Tiburon. I'm sure there will be a large aftermarket for the turbo version. As for the next Silvia---too bad the damn Frenchys cant make a good looking car.

Sam

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.