Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Trust In Trance
852 Posts
It's a great car so it makes sense. Already over half as many sales in a single year as the entire lifespan of the MKIV. Well over half if you count the '21 models.

Well sure...when you compare apples and oranges, everything is possible.

And "great car"? Lol. For who? Some people also consider Smart a grear car?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Well sure...when you compare apples and oranges, everything is possible.

And "great car"? Lol. For who? Some people also consider Smart a grear car?
It's a great car to me. I own one and it's been a joy since day one.

Just like you probably think the much less popular MKIV is a great car.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Ah, so hearsay. Got it.
There have been buy backs due to the 2021 oil issue. We just don't have an official number of cars with the issue/offical buy back numbers from Toyota.

source: Zupramkv.com

It's a great car to me. I own one and it's been a joy since day one.

Just like you probably think the much less popular MKIV is a great car.
We're glad you are enjoying your BMW. Just wait until your warranty runs out. ;)

Depends on what you mean by "popular". I can't speak for everyone on the forum but I get hand written notes left on my windshield all the time with people's names and numbers asking if I wanted to sell to let them know. I also get knocks on the door all the time from strangers asking me the same thing. So sorry the A80 isn't "popular". In 10-20 years where will the J29 be? (junkyards)... :ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
9 Posts
There have been buy backs due to the 2021 oil issue. We just don't have an official number of cars with the issue/offical buy back numbers from Toyota.

source: Zupramkv.com

We're glad you are enjoying your BMW. Just wait until your warranty runs out. ;)

Depends on what you mean by "popular". I can't speak for everyone on the forum but I get hand written notes left on my windshield all the time with people's names and numbers asking if I wanted to sell to let them know. I also get knocks on the door all the time from strangers asking me the same thing. So sorry the A80 isn't "popular". In 10-20 years where will the J29 be? (junkyards)... :ROFLMAO:
I get similar attention in person on a daily basis with my MKV, although no notes on it yet or knocks on my door. I guess we'll see what happens in 20+ years when my car is also a relic. And I do enjoy my BMW. I've already owned several other BMW's as well as another B58 BMW without any issues. Great engine.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I get similar attention in person on a daily basis with my MKV, although no notes on it yet or knocks on my door. I guess we'll see what happens in 20+ years when my car is also a relic. And I do enjoy my BMW. I've already owned several other BMW's as well as another B58 BMW without any issues. Great engine.
Probably because it's still new but that will fade over time. I have also as well; an E39, E60 and F10. I'm by no means a BMW hater, but after all the headaches I will never buy another one of these things. It's not engine I'm worried about (beside B58D on 2021), it's everything else that will keep you up at night.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Probably because it's still new but that will fade over time. I have also as well; an E39, E60 and F10. I'm by no means a BMW hater, but after all the headaches I will never buy another one of these things. It's not engine I'm worried about (beside B58D on 2021), it's everything else that will keep you up at night.
Can you expand on "everything else"? I feel like you could say the same about other cars, including the MKIV Soopra.

·
2,209 Posts
Buy More Warranty
Big Money Waster

Blinker Means What?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Can you expand on "everything else"? I feel like you could say the same about other cars, including the MKIV Soopra.
Electrical problems on all three. The E60 was the worst and most costly. $9k to replace three computer modules. :rolleyes: It was caused by water damage that BMW later addressed. The F10 was just brought back by BMW only after 5k on the odometer.

It's common knowledge that MKIV Supra's are crap outside of warranty.
I'm at 314k so...

·
supra7
541 Posts
They just can't stand that we don't like the BMWs version of the supra. It really bothers them. Interesting

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,448 Posts
Dude thinks his MKV is gonna be a relic in 20 years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
supra7
541 Posts
I also love how they compare the sales of the old vs the new. When the mk4 was new, it hadn't made the legacy yet and wasn't as desired. Also financing wasnt near as easy back then. Only reason people are buying the new one is due what the mk4 proved and accomplished. So they want so much to believe in this new one and are trying so hard. It's a nice BMW if that's your thing. Just isn't a Toyota. Don't know why that's so hard to understand

21 - 40 of 60 Posts