Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t78 car and i am looking for a nice fuel system. I can get a complete system with blitz inj, hks rail, twin walbros, and all fittings for 2300. Does this sound good. And 1700 for aem and everything with it to make my car a full stand alone. so about 4k to finish my car. This seems pretty good to me......Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
I dunno about the fuel i guss that sounds about right, but i think you can get the aem for 1500 and i know someone was selling them for 1300 if you bought so much stuff from them

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
Sounds reasonable, if you want to peice your own fuel system you can save some money, and you forgot to add the pricing for tuning. So figure about 5k to finish your car.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Check out the SARD 1000cc injectors. I'd guess they'd be cheaper than the Blitz, still high quality, and drop straight into the HKS fuel rail.

My fuel system is 1000cc SARD, HKS rail and twin walbro.

Also I'd be guessing my fuel system, which is almost exactly what you sound like you're getting, wouldn't of cost near that in US$.

Dan.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
get a fuel rail that uses domestic injectors...itll save you a ton of money. Also I believe most completel fuel systems are under 2k...i.e. boostlogic

G

·
Ross Machine Racing Fuel Rail -10an Ebay $150 now i think they are 250
Delphi 96lb injectors $360
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator $140
Aeromotive Fuel Filter $75
Walbor Fuel Pumps $200
Lines and Fittings $250
Wiring for Pumps $25

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
Here is a link to your thread from yetserday; there is some good information and suggestions there :)
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367340

4k is no bargain, but your not getting raped either....
my fuel system was a grand less...
definately get a rail that supports domestic injectors like the PHR, or Titan or BL...the injectors are plentiful and much cheaper....and i think you can probrably get the job done with 850's or 960's...and you can roll down to the gm parts desk and get clips for cheap...

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
1900 for a full complete assembled fuel sytem. induction motorsports.com has a very nice put together kit. 1000 cc injectors and everything you need. no extra parts needed.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
we sell our compleat fuel systems for 1900. pre-cut lines, instructions, and everything in the package no fussing with getting fittings...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
house_of_senate said:
I have a t78 car and i am looking for a nice fuel system. I can get a complete system with blitz inj, hks rail, twin walbros, and all fittings for 2300. Does this sound good. And 1700 for aem and everything with it to make my car a full stand alone. so about 4k to finish my car. This seems pretty good to me......Any thoughts?
If money isn't an issue and you don't want to deal with any sort of fittings/cuttings check with Powerhouse Racing...I got my stage 1 fuel kit from them....pretty much plug and pay and no hassles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You should get ahold of Ryan over at WOTM. I bet for the same price he could hook you up with a fuel system that is more than capable and perhaps even a billet hanger as well. I know for almost 3grand you can get the mack daddy fuel system from them. If not I had the titan system for a while and made 800 to the wheels blowing through my clutch. and all I can say about the titan system is that bad boy was sweet. Whatever route you decide to go...get rid of the factory pump and just run walboros.

James

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
I don't think anybody has mentioned this but if you buy AEM, you also need to buy the MAP BAR sensor and GM Temp Sensor. I would recommend the 5.0 MAP BAR sensor. You will also need an HKS Twin Power DLI unless your tuning knows how to stop wasted spark.

I don't think anybody has mentioned this either, but a T78 will not yield 1000 HP to wheels. I'm not sure if you just wanted a 1000 HP fuel system in case you ever swapped turbos.

Tuning will be expensive. I would say 5k is a little low. ~2700 for AEM + all components (possibly more) + 2000 for fuel system is already 4700. Tuning will NOWHERE near $300. Expect to pay 1k just for tuning.

Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts