Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 145,000 miles on my turbos (never rebuit never replaced) I get a sustained boost of 18psi with a 20 psi peak and am running DP, Exhaust, EBC, S-AFC w/VPC, FMIC, Intake, and TTC. I dynoed on the 24th pull at a peak of 365hp/361lbft. Would new turbos bring new life into these sickly numbers?

·
slow ex-supra guy
134 Posts
I'd say that's probably a good guess. 145k on the stockers and running 18psi all the time. Those things are probably really tired out.

I could only get 17psi out of my stockers, but I'm at 6200 feet up.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good #s for that milage! mine is about 127,000miles, havbnt dynoed yet but hope to get something similiar...

·
Registered
93 Posts
24 PULLS???!!! did it all occur in one day? one word: HEAT SOAK (hope u had ice) were u trying to tune it? dynoing your car is one of the MOST STRESSFUL things u will EVER DO to your car, I would try to keep it down, if possible (have only done 2 dyno pulls & got 375/407 w/less mods than yours).

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: twinturboman ]

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh, that is alot of pulls come to think about it. and the best pull was the last one? he must have been tuning his SAFC/VPC for sure. should do another pull next day after the tuning is done.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we were tuning the VPC and S-AFC and doing all kinds of crap in between, but all in all it took 9 hours. The last pull was the HP pull. We sprayed the intake and FMIC with a 50/50 mix of water/alcohol for about 10 minutes or then made a run. The hose to the boost controller was pinched and the run was cut short midway. The next and final run was all out and that's what gave the final numbers. I should go back for a single pull and the new turbos are on the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts