Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had a TT conversion done. They had to send my drive shaft off to have it machine balanced. they alos had to modify the plate where it connects. At 25MPH when slowing down it sounds like its rubbing against soemthing. It doesnt affect performance or seem to can this be easily fixed?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANyone have any idea what it could be or how to fix it. it happens during the accelaration and deceleration from about 25-33ish MPH. It sounds like it rubbing but only during those speeds. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will go in the garage and jack it up in a sec. It is still the stock exhaust so I dont believe its that close.Also wanted to add the loudest noise you can hear while driving is comming from under the shifter/center console area.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot I let a friend borrow the Jakcs, however I looked underneath and the exhaust doesnt appear to be close at all to where the noise is primarliy comming from.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
maybe a bad u-joint? Its really hard to tell over the net. I would jack the rear of the car up put it on jack stands, chalk the front tires and try to replicate the noise. If you can then have someone push the gas to that speed and crawl under the car to hear the source of the noise.

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a consistant noise inbetween those ranges of speed and the faster you go the faster the noise seems to until 33MPS then nothing again.. SO you could almost keep a beat to it. If that makes since. Like thud thud thud thud thud thud. Like the spinning part is hitting something. DO you think its safe to drive tommorow then this weekend I can get it on Jack stands etc and try to replicate it. I could video tape the results and uplaod them maybe.

Thanks for your help thus far Lawrence any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lawrence,

I haven't had a chance to jack up the car yet, however do you think the noise will be replicated with the wheels off the ground?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, Cant really hurt anything. I am going to try it tonight/tommorow morning. Just one of those left field thoughts. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts