Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like many others, My window motor went out on my driver's side. It's more like the cable, I can see it beginning to frey and it almost looks like it's going to snap. I was quoted 256.99 for a window regulator, which I guess is the same as a motor. Can you verify this price or can you get it for lower? Another question, if the motor is in fact 256.99, are there any other motors in another Toyota that will fit in a 94 Supra? Thanks guys

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ive got this exact same problem and i am anxious to see the answer. I was hoping it is possible to just replace the freyed steel cable rather than the entire window regulator.

Maybe Curt can confirm this with one of his Toyota servicemen.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my motor still works, I can hear it move, but the metal cable is frayed. Is that the regulator? Cause I need one of those, I really don't know how to replace the cable by itself. This happened to my last car and I had to replace the whole setup up.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Guys the motor can be removed and replaced on the new regulator. The motors on these cars are very durable and last a very long time. Normally the motor burns out from misadjustment/binding. When you remove the regulator the motor has to come out with it. The motor is then transfered onto the new regulator and installed. Proper adjustment is very important to ensure the proper operation and dependability. Since the JZA80 has frameless doors, the support mechanism is within the door as well, so careful is an understatement. When the regulator is removed take your time to replace the motor onto the new regulator otherwise the regulator WILL spring apart and you may require ordering a new one.

Joe.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Curt Aigner said:
Thanks Joe!
which one? theres three of us in one thread. ahahah

So basically the regulator without the motor for US$68.** includes the replacement cable and everything required minus the motor?

Curt, how much would this cost to ship to Melbourne, Aus?

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
:bigthumb:

Joe.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Curt, Im in Tucson, AZ 85750. I need the regulator for the driver side without the motor, how much all in all? Including shipping...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, I'll send my shipping info in your email, then you can tell me what else ya need. Thanks Curt!

·
Madison Motorsports
389 Posts
Curt,

I too have a window problem. My cable is fine, but the little round plastic roller at the top of the door is broken. I spoke with the dealership here and they said I would have to buy the regulator assembly. Is it in any way possible to get just the one plastic part? If not, is it a generic part used in more than one toyota? The car is a 95 supra se. Thanks!

Ryan T.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Curt, being from Australia i have a J-spec car so my drivers side door (the busted one) is Right Hand Side.

1) Is the Regulator without motor specific for LHS and RHS?
2) Do you have the part number for RHS Regulator without Motor?
3) Im guessing that the window switches connect to the motor which im re-using, so i shouldnt have a problem using the US Spec passenger side regulator?

Thanks.
Joey.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts