Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ProTorque repitched 2800 stall convertor several months ago and haven't installed it yet. Currently I have the stock 2200 convertor in the car and it will only make about 1 psi standing on the brake with the gas to the floor. My 60' really sucks the way it is now. Will a 2800 be enough to give me boost for a decent 60'? Does anyone have a small single setup with a stall this low. I know something larger would be ideal but I'm kinda broke. :sad:

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
You could try it, but I would personally try a 3200 rpm stall.

Steve K.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ahh, I also am in the process of installing a t61. I was thinking 3600, but wasn't sure. I've seen alot of Supra guys running 3800.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It also depends on where you area driving the car. If it's a drag race car, then a higher stall would be better, but if you drive it on the street then the higher stall will not be as responsive as a lower stall. I think the 3200 would work, but I'm no expert. I have a BPU with a lot of +'s and have a 3800 to 4000 stall. I'm going to change it to a 3200 because I want more responsiveness on the street and don't drag race much.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had planned on using it to build at least a little boost at the track. Right now I can only get about 1 psi on the brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts