Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard at least one person say 285/35-18s will fit with an Eibach drop (1.0" rear w/Koni shocks for me) but I wanted to hear some opinions from people that have actually tried it. Is it so close that the slightest bump makes the tires rub? If needed I will get the fenders rolled, because I need some traction! :D

I have 18 x10" rear wheels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the exact same wheels (except in Blitz Silver :) ) as you but I have the TRD suspension (Bilstein + Eibach) with 285/35 Yokahama AVS Sports and no rubbing at all (over speed bumps, etc.). You should be fine.

Pat G.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you should be fine with this setup, many ppl have run this same setup as you without problems, i will even be running this in about a week or so.

·
3,148 Posts
gritsak,

I was wondering when someone was going to mention offset. :rolleyes:

It all depends on offset. Even the same wheel with the same width can be in two different offsets. So you can't say I have that wheel and mine fits so yours should fit. If it has the same offset then yes it will. If it doesn't than no it won't. You will probably be fine (though you should be running a 285/30 not 285/35). Give us the offset and we will let you know for sure. The offset is printed on the inside of the wheel.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have 285/35R18 with Eibach/KYBs with 18x10 +45 offset.
No rubbing what so ever.
I prefer 285/35 rather than 285/30, cause of speedo and bad roads.

·
3,148 Posts
The speedometer will be less correct with a 285/35R18.

Later, Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts