Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i jst bought a set of rear 295/30/18 Potenza S02. My rims is 9.5" will I have problems fitting it? One tyre shop has already rejected me :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,896 Posts
they might have rejected you because you have custom wheels or they don't want to do low pro tires because it is a major PITA. i think a 295 on a 9.5 will be a little wide but you'll be fine. just go find a shop that isn't filled with a bunch of pussies.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, lm trying a shop tommrow, they said "it should be ok, we will try" (In that lebbo accent haha). My rims are Rays SE37 18 x 9.5
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
Why did you buy such a wide tire for that size rim? 9.5's should be rocking no wider than 275's in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
That combo will produce overhang, of the tire, by 0.75 inch on either side. Is that so bad? Why is this any worse than the stretchy jobs I've seen on some widebody set-ups here on this forum.
BTW, I run the same tire. Absolutely the one of the best I've used and it's too bad it is not widely available any more.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it fits, but as you say, over hangs a little. They had troubles getting air in, but once it went pop, it was ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
lis2k said:
Why did you buy such a wide tire for that size rim? 9.5's should be rocking no wider than 275's in my opinion.
I agreed with you Lis2k. I have 11x18 Fikse and 295 Continental Contact2 on it, looks like the tire stretching on the 11" rim needless to say the 9.5" rim.
I'm not a tire expert, but looking at that size it might comprise on safty.

**** luck on your new tires
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
A 295 on a 10 inch rim (10.5 overall) is perfect. If you are running a 295 on a 11 inch rim I'd say you are more mis-matched (read stretched) than the guy running on a 9.5 inch rim.
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
A 295 on a 10 inch rim (10.5 overall) is perfect. If you are running a 295 on a 11 inch rim I'd say you are more mis-matched (read stretched) than the guy running on a 9.5 inch rim.
A 295 will even hang over on a 10 inch rim. 10" rims are made for 275 to line up dead straight, and 285 tires for the slightest hardly noticeable buldge. A 295 on a 10.5 inch rim I would say is a great fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,896 Posts
i have a 18x10 wheel with 275 and its a little streached. a 285 or 295 would be perfect. it depends on the tire also, i used to run 712's in a 275 and they were perfect, now i have KDW's in the same size and they are a little streached.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
lis2k said:
A 295 will even hang over on a 10 inch rim. 10" rims are made for 275 to line up dead straight, and 285 tires for the slightest hardly noticeable buldge. A 295 on a 10.5 inch rim I would say is a great fit.
Like supralover93, I still feel that a 295 looks and acts right (I track on this combo with pretty decent lap times). Why would you strive for the tire to be inline with the wheel lip? You like curb rash or something?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top