Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Today was a wonderful day. I started the day by skipping school to pick up my mk3 who has been driven a whopping 3000 KM this whole summer. The new tranny feels excellent and all the little problems I was having have been solved. I decided that I'm going to drive around all day since it's been so long since I've been in my supra. A half a tank later and lots of boosting day turns in to night. I decided to meet up with a supra friend and grabed his G-tech since my car was feeling extraordanary today. Since the temp is about 14C out the car felt like it was hauling ass! Fast Forward to 1:30 Am and I set out for a back street where I get some G-Tech times. On my way out I pass a 2G talon with exhaust+boost gague (form what I can see) he was lowered on a nice set of crome 18's. I try to get him to play for a while but hes too busy with his girlfriend who is nawing off his neck.

So I decided whatever make a left on to HWY27 and set up the G tech for a few runs. After about 3-4 passes with really shitty launches all I could best was 15 passes with 104 MPH traps. This is with the addition of a 400lbs passenger + the fact that I was not power shifting / quick shifting or even dumping the clutch. I was taking it very easy on the tyranny since I don't have money for a new one again!! (best time to date with 0 tuning and leaking egr plate) 13.9 @ 103.8 MPH @ .8 KM/CM^2

Anyhow, on my way home I notice a little surging problem with my car. I pull over to take a gander under the hood only to find nothing. All of a sudden I hear a blow off valve pass me. I look over and it's our friendly neighbourhood 2G talon without his GF.

My friend and I hop quickly back into my car and I take off down the road after thim. I catch up to him and as I'm about 2 cars behind I go WOT in 4th @ 3400 RPM. It seems that he must be WOT as well since I'm not pulling like I would a normal car just driving.. Oh!? I guess he was running!! I heard his exhaust screaming as I passed.

At the next lights I roll down the windows and talk to him. He start by exclaiming his "NAWS isn't working" and murmurs something about his turbo this and that. This is all before I ask him if he wants to run.... I ask him he's like well.. I guess sure. so I waited for him to launch.. Bam that AWD hooks like a MOFO. I sit there spinning my 275 from my clutch dump and surprisingly he’s only half a car ahead, which was quickly diminished by the torque of the 7M. By the time I go for 2nd gear I have a half car on him. I then proceed to put a good airplane length by the end of third.

I slow down stick a thumbs up out the window and we pull over and talk for a bit. He said he was running a 1G turbo with 15 PSI, exhaust, intake and a few other goodies. Pretty cool guy..

Was a fun run made the first night of the turn of my supe a good one :)

Hopefully I can figure out this surging problem I’m having. :rolleyes:

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
806 Posts
Nice run Eric! Those talons with 15psi are pretty fast, nice too see you got your tranny in a working so fast.

Zoom zoom!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
well at least he was smart enough to upgrade to the 1g stock turbo over that gutless t25. i'm assuming he didn't have much for fuel if he was only running 15 psi. i could run up to 18 with a drop in pump.

was it fwd or awd?? cuz the awd will suck from a roll compared to a fwd.

congrats though, nice to see a mk3 owner who raced a dsm without saying "all dsm's are shit and i'll kill them all" or something to taht effect.

·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was a AWD and took me by a half car off the line.. Which I was suprised... I though he'd get a nice big jump but them 275's said no. heheeh

I never bash DSM's they are great fast cars just need love like the mk3's!!

PS we wern't on the roll...

King the tranny is absolutely 100% mint! I couldn't have scored something better for 200 CAD!! LoL!!

BTW my old tranny oil looked like confetti so said the guy that put in the tranny... LoL..

Well he was giving me all this yada yada about his turbo not wroking and his nos not in ect.. I really didn't care I just wanted to run... :)

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
806 Posts
My buddy has that 1G talon fwd with 15psi, I am wondering how I am gonna do with 12psi against him from a dig and from a roll.

Man talk about torque steer in that car though, almost undriveable when accelerating.

You bastage! I paid 450$ for my tranny, man thats sweet. *sigh*

·
What's your name fatbody?
46 Posts
It depends on what else he's running. 15 psi doesn't do anything really without supporting mods. I only felt a small difference seat of the pants wise in my 1G at 15 until I did the exhaust, and intake.
Since he's FWD, you'll kill him from a stop. If he's one of the rare individuals who can actually launch a FWD (it's really not that hard with stock to medium levels of power), it'll be close, but there seems to be very few of us who can launch these things worth a damn. Up top though, I really can't say. No idea what an MK3 is like topend.

·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh well lets just say my 5th feels like i'm in 4th or 3rd a lot of the time.. I go reaching for 6th gear because I think it's in 4th.. heh... I'm like oh shit i am in 5th. heh.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ZaZZn2002 said:
Heh well lets just say my 5th feels like i'm in 4th or 3rd a lot of the time.. I go reaching for 6th gear because I think it's in 4th.. heh... I'm like oh shit i am in 5th. heh.
well that settles it, once i get my new tranny in (damn sally ass shift forks anyways (shiftfork):piss: ) i've gotta get this thing tuned for my new turbo and find me a mk3 to test.

F

·
0 Posts
damn sounds like you had fun! I havent been on any high way runs yet... i geuss im missing out

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Nice kill!! Sounds like it was fun :)

About his "didn't hook up the nos" It sounds unlikely to me that someone would have N20 on a 14b powered car (not impossible but unlikely) I woudl suspect that he was giving you the hyped up version of his mods list. Not that it matters for the race at all since his claimed mod was claimed to not be hooked up ;)

Did you get to see his face when you passed? I slow down sometimes just to catch the "NOOOOO" expression :-D

·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahah I couldn't he slowed down too quickly and made a left I gave him a thums up out the window though :) heh.

·
What's your name fatbody?
46 Posts
gixxer_drew said:
Nice kill!! Sounds like it was fun :)

About his "didn't hook up the nos" It sounds unlikely to me that someone would have N20 on a 14b powered car (not impossible but unlikely) I woudl suspect that he was giving you the hyped up version of his mods list. Not that it matters for the race at all since his claimed mod was claimed to not be hooked up ;)

Did you get to see his face when you passed? I slow down sometimes just to catch the "NOOOOO" expression :-D
The Noooo face is good, but I prefer the looking straight ahead, and pretending you're not there face. That's when you know you've made an impression. :D

damn sounds like you had fun! I havent been on any high way runs yet... i geuss im missing out
You're missing out. The rapid heartbeat, sweaty palms gripping the wheel, adrenaline making you dizzy with excitement, and the trees flying past you at 120+ miles an hour is awesome. I still track run (no runs with the GST just yet :( ), but it's just not as much fun for me anymore.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What do you have done to your MK3 ZAzz? 13.9 at 103 on GTECH is more like 14.1-14.2 at 98-99mph in real life. If you beat a 2G with 14B, boost and exhaust by that much either he's running slower than stock (15.1) or can't drive worth a crap. He should be easily good for a high 13 with those mods...

·
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No thats not a G tech.. thats a track time.

@ cayuga.. Since then I've fixed up a bunch of little probs and have the car a little more tuned I should be about 105 traps now..

I have 4" elbow and 3" Dp with a 2.5 cat and 65 mm back.. yeah I know it's all fucked up but I have a 3" cutout at the Dp (which wasn't open for this race) it's electrically controlled but it's getting fixed right now.

AVC-R 1 bar 65 Duty + gear specific duty
S-AFR poorly tuned since I finally found out why my 02 sensor wasn't working
8mm magnacore's
electric fans
EGR block off
Lexus AFM
Hardpipes
Hks Super seq
275/40/17 for the rear to help me keep up to awd :)

And thats about it for power wise. I made the 13.9 with a 2.2 60 foot :/ If I could get a launch like an auto damn :) 1.52 60 foot with a nice big stall converter!! Awwww!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts