Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking to get on the bandwagon...Can anybody get me some 2J cams that are ready to go in my 1J??? Ill pay for the cams,machining,shipping etc..

I just dont know of anybody im MN that can machine them...Plus i want them for when i get home in june...

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
939 Posts
Find some cams have them shipped to me instead of you and I can get them done and shipped back to you. Probably cost you 50-55 for shipping and machining back to you. Find some local to me and you might be able to save on the shipping to me.
Cary

·
Registered
939 Posts
I knew that was going to happen! I can do this for people but I was offering to do this for him specifically at that price since he is serving us in the Military. It costs me a little more than what I said by about 20-25.00 since I have to go to the post office and get them across town twice once to drop off and once to pick up after they are done. So Ranger gets that price everyone else would be 75-80.00 shipped to you which is still a great deal. I hope you all understand. I will be just covering my time and expences at this price not profiting. International of course would be additional shipping. Stock 2Jtt cams or aftermarket cams does not matter.
Cary

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Cary,

Thats a generous offer. Is there much to gain on just the stock 2J cams? Is it worth it, or is the HP gain only like 20hp?

Thanks

·
Registered
939 Posts
As stated before in other threads by other people that have dynoed them. Its about 20 peak but the under the curve benifites are even more. Plus the top end will go all the way to Redline with out the drop off that the 1J cams have.
Cary

But look at it this way for less than 200.00 you get 20+hp and the better curve!

Basically yes it is a great option for those that cant get all the way to aftermarket cams. Like the group by!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
or for 300 more you get 63 hp and as much as 135whp gain to 8000 RPM ;)

272's are tested, cams probably going to start ordering very soon. (Very)

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cary

Thanks
Ill be looking for some cams and ill let ya know, ill get your address when i find some.......Im going to be putting these on my 1J with stock twins, so yes i do want a cheaper solution than aftermkt cams..For reference aftermkt 2J cams will work correct???

I appreceate it brother.......

Josh

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thats what I have in mine right now. 268/276 stage 2 Crower.
Cary
Let me know when ever. And thanks again for what you are doing!!! GOD bless!!

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
I've got a set of 2JZ cams layin' around. They are off of bradman's car, with I believe 35k miles on them. If everyone recalls, he bought his car with about 17k on it.

I can ship them to cary for $110 paypal to me, [email protected]

I'm less than 2 hours from him, but I rarely drive out to sac.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cool deal. I didnt mean to be a pain in PITA. I was just looking to find out how its done. I dont know of any shops to take anything to.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
pain in pita.. lol

2jz cams is a good cheap upgrade if not going crazy.. bpu to small twin cars will benifit greatly.. of course 264s will perform better, but extra cash... i will probably go with a set of 2jz cams for my second car...

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dam pete you fucking bogart...Im pretty shure those where for me......Ha ha JK:)

Anybody else have a set, if so i call dibs.....

Josh

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
I got a set. Do you want it?:D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ZaZZn said:
or for 300 more you get 63 hp and as much as 135whp gain to 8000 RPM ;)

272's are tested, cams probably going to start ordering very soon. (Very)
Good call! I would love to put a set of those in my car.

Any local machine shop should be able to machine them for you. Just take the 1j and 2j cams in and have them machine them to the 1j specs. If you do a search my thread should still be up showing the actual power gains. Also I head peak power to 7k instead of it dipping off at 6200rpms or something like that. IMO it is a well worth the money mod.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
they went to someone else... first person that paypal'ed me.

anyway, I've got some 264's coming my way, via zazzn from the GB. I can't wait as I'm already single'd. If I was still on stock MKIV twins, I would have had the 2JZ cams ground to fit in my car.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I can vouch for Cary's 2J cams. I bought a pair of modified ones from him and they fit perfect.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts