Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, New to the whole 1jz experience and had some questions. My supra blew its motor to pieces from lack of fuel. I bought a motor and put it in. As i am going over the motor for last minute checks before starting i noticed that the head of the engine says its a 2J. Dont know if that will make things complicated and i will need to get a 1j or if it will work. Any imput would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its a non vvti. Motor was bought from japan so it is used with what they claim around 40k kms. And this is the 1.5jz that ive heard about. I thought that was a 2jz block with a 1jz head.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The 1.5jz people talk about is the 2j block with 1j head. from what ive seen the non turbo 1j and 2j head are essentially the same. Not sure about a non turbo 2J head on a turbo 1j block though. I just don't know about if valve clearance is good

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have also NOT heard of this witchcraft before and iam a proud 1jz owner myself. such mockery!!

·
2Fast4U
1,068 Posts
It's not a witchcraft and it's been done before by a few but mostly as mentioned it's the other way around 2j bottom 1j top.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Been done, just not well documented from what I have seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts