Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, new here to the forum so not sure if I'm in the right place - checked engine dipstick, oil was basically non-existent. Filled with 5.2Quarts, or ~5L, and went for a quick drive. 3rd gear pull, white smoke absolutely billows out from everywhere, and then dissipates & doesn't return till I get home to open the bonnet. I find large amounts of oil everywhere, however I see no active leaks whilst engine is idling.
My running theory is that a PRV blew out owing to overfilled oil? Either that or gaskets blew out, which I'm really hoping it's not but surely if it was I'd see leakage whilst idling no?
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Purple Electric blue Metal Auto part Close-up

Any help greatly appreciated

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Christ I was somewhat right - mate I'll be honest this is the first 2JZ I've owned, and I thought I could sort of go for it alone and there's nobody here for support, I've never even rigged an oil catch can or anything of the sort, as long as it's not a gasket then it's at least something I can do relatively easily - thank you alot!
It seems you already know the problem. The PCV valve is completely missing on the intake side & you are venting to atmosphere on the exhaust side valve cover. You need to work out a PCV system, oil catch can or both before you really f**k your engine up running it out of oil. Vaporized oil is extremely flammable. (how oil heaters work) If you light the vapors off on a hot manifold or turbo housing you are really asking for major problems & will probably burn down the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.