Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2J N/A upper intake on a 7M N/A

From a couple threads going already. There is an intrest in the 2J intake modified to fit a 7M. I am currently doing this to my set up. I never really look at the 7M TB, but it will work better than the 2J TB for this mod. I'm using a Q45 TB for my crazy set up. They appear to be the same size! A flange would have to be made to fit the 7M TB to the 2J Y pipe. I'll post more later.

Allan:cool:

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
Do you have any pics yet allan? Why not use the whole intake manifold. Why just the upper? are the differences from 7m to 2j only in the upper part? IS the throttle body any bigger?

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
a 2jz NA intake mani is the same design as the 7m intake mani isnt it? whats the point?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waynis said:
Do you have any pics yet allan? Why not use the whole intake manifold. Why just the upper? are the differences from 7m to 2j only in the upper part? IS the throttle body any bigger?
Here are some pics added too the others. The 2J lower will not work. Plus the bore spacing of the two engines really shows up in the lower. The TB is slightly larger in diam. But has traction control and other things. It would be easier to use the 7M TB.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1267173

·
2,023 Posts
wow. big differences!! How do you make the manifold fit though?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
waynis said:
wow. big differences!! How do you make the manifold fit though?
I've seen the 2J flange cut off and the 7M welded on (it's a liitle more to it but basically it) Or cut the runners and weld the 2J plenum too the 7M runners. Here is an excellent thread on how it's been done by the turbo guys. It is all the same except we aren't looking for a foward facing intake. Also we get to keep the ACIS that Toyota designed.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164466&highlight=2JZ+intake

·
2,023 Posts
Is that flange even welded?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts