Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new here, I own a 01 gs300 with a aristo setup 5 speed. My car has been acting up I was returning from work 1 day and coming to a red lite the car stalled on me I tried to start it back up but it was back firing on me. I got enough juice to pull her to the side I tried to start her up again and she would cut on but it sounded like it was back fire into the intake manifold so I had it towed home. After2 weeks I got her started and now she will not rev past 3 grand without break in up I am lost

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Sounds like you might have popped an IC pipe off - since the VVTi 2JZ-GTE's use a MAF sensor, if you have a large intake leak past the MAF sensor (such as boost popping off a loose intercooler pipe coupler) the car will run like hammered shit, if at all, complete with bucking and popping and all that stuff you're describing.

Go from the air filter all the way to the throttle body and make sure that all the IC pipe couplers are on tight and correctly. If that doesn't do the trick, whip up a boost leak tester (there's a lot of ways to do this - but basically cap off the intake system where the filter would mount, and introduce compressed air into the intake tract while the car is off. Using soapy water in a spray bottle to spray suspected areas can help identify exactly what's leaking air.

If that turns up nothing, try unplugging the MAF sensor in the intake pipe just past the air filter. If the car runs decently with the MAF unplugged (but it'll have a 5k rev limit and won't boost very well) then your MAF sensor is malfunctioning.

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
The car dies past 3k and when u rev it the blow off vavle is arming.I unplug the maf the car dies WTF
Like I said in my first post - make sure you haven't popped an IC coupler!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts