Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend a few of my 7m friends helped my 2jz buddy pull his engine out. Last time he dynoed it was right around 558rwhp without his n2o. Well aware his wastegate vacuum line should not have been sitting on the hot manifold he went out racing.

Check out the outcome when the wastegate vacuum line finally melted

Either in cyl 3 or 4 there is a nicely sized hole in each side of the block. The hole goes way under the one engine mount and I hope to get more pictures of the damage when its completely tore apart.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are not sure yet. Owner didn't get it all tore down and he's up at school till thrusday. so hopefully by thursday night we will know for sure what happened. I do not think just deonation would have caused something like this. Maybe a rod bolt failed or something.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
heh... i put my hand behind the engine mount bracket on that second pic and was able to almost fit my entire hand in the block :D

bulletproof yes...idiot proof no... :lol:

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Wategate line fell apart.. boost went thru the roof.. not enough fuel for the boost.. detonation shattered a piston.. piston fell apart.. rod flopps around in bore.. rod catches something.. the crank keeps spinning.. rod is broken in half..broken half of the rod windows the block.

Thats what happened.

Oh... No motor is indestructable. I don't care what anyone says. there's ALWAYS a way to abruptly ends its life.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I was there too, the best part of it all when he took a picture of one hole you could see the flash thru the block it was badass. sucks for carlos but thats part of the game like rajunz said.

one thing i did notice while working on it. this was my frist mkiv ive worked on. the "mkiv greese" was so much cleaner. as dumb as that sounds. i went to the sink and it seems to just fall off my hand. "mk3 greese" tend to stay on my hands for a whole week.best of luck to carlos

Josh

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
jpeek29208 said:
I was there too, the best part of it all when he took a picture of one hole you could see the flash thru the block it was badass. sucks for carlos but thats part of the game like rajunz said.

one thing i did notice while working on it. this was my frist mkiv ive worked on. the "mkiv greese" was so much cleaner. as dumb as that sounds. i went to the sink and it seems to just fall off my hand. "mk3 greese" tend to stay on my hands for a whole week.best of luck to carlos

Josh
very true...from working on newer cars and then these old pig supras you get less dirty when working on newer cars...of course thats not just because its an mk3, but its just how old cars are :)

stop reving that thing so high...just give it more boost :D

would be a good idea to upgrade to stainless braided lines next time and use heatshields :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Gotta' love a programable boost cut and A/F warning lights. I'm paranoid as all heck about doing that to my motor. :eek: I have a pressure sensor that knocks my boost down low if I run out of methanol too although in this case it wouldn't have mattered. Only a boost cut would've helped on this one I'm afraid...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts