Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Z-Gad said:
Thanks guys, my first 9 second pass!!
I have been on an adrenaline high for nearly 24 hours now... I think I am starting to come down finally...
You know what that means...time for some cocaine! :p

AWESOME pass love the car swapped 240z's are always nice!

Congrats on owning such a sweet setup

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I had an opportunity to watch this run at the Silver Dollar meet and it was impressive without a doubt! This bad ass 2J-Zcar is a street drive car that is a footbreaker with a GT42 and a 3” exhaust if I’m not mistaken. Once he gets everything dialed in, I’m sure he is going to give those supercharged and domestic powered Z’s a fit.

Great job!

David

·
Toyotally Awesome
647 Posts
Congrats Mike! Finally! I would have liked to have been there to see it, but its good to hear that you made it. It seems like you have some more room for improvement too. You don't have the car on full tilt, do you?

How much does the car weigh with you in it?

Either way, congrats. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, no the car is not near it's potential yet. It weighs in at a hefty 2750 (with me in it and half a tank of fuel). These passes were only at 27psi and around an 11:1 air fuel running on C-16. I was trying to work on my launch and leave the boost controller alone. I turned the boost up to 29 psi and roached the tranny. It started slipping in 3rd and 1st and 2nd began this horrible whining sound. I dropped it off to my tranny guy today and hope to know something tomorrow...
PS - David you are correct on all accounts :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats on the 9 second pass. Awesome short time. :bigthumb:

Is this a 72mm GT42 and is it a "R"? How long do you have to foot brake to get it to make boost?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, it's kind of a hybrid GT42R...
I was pressed for time as my T72 failed right before an event I was trying to make, so my good friend at www.speedshopthagard.com hooked me up. What he had made for me was a high flow P-trim turbine wheel (so i could use my current .81 a/r coated turbine housing), bb center section, 85 lb/min GT42R compressor wheel that was stuffed into a smaller compressor housing (again so I could use my existing intercooler piping and 4" filter), and had the custom turbo at my door by 8am the following day!! What service!! I gained 5 mph with this turbo compared to the T72 BB I was running in the 1/4 mile at the same boost level...go figure.

Anyway, it to answer your question, it takes maybe 4-5 seconds of footbraking to get the ~8 psi I was launching at...

·
Registered
188 Posts
:bigthumb:

Thanks for the info, congrats again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts