Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states i got a 89 Toyota Pickup with a 2jzgte GTK 650 single turbo. Running the R154 trans as well. Now the ECU I am currently using is a auto and I have just got a manual ecu to swap it out with. Now when I tried to swap the manual ECU in I ran into some issues and hope one of you could help.....

With the manual ecu in it would start and Idle very nice ( better then the auto) but it does not read any RPM and when you try and give it any gas it just bogs and or stalls out... Any Ideas.. BAD ECU??

PS: I have tried to search this issue and have not had any luck. And what is the best way to get pics on here? Tried using Photobucket using the IMG but no luck there says Moderator needs to approve it first and it has been 4 days with no approval.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will not even let me post links.... IDK WTF is up.....

Go to http:/ /www.toyotaminis .com/forum/build-up-project-threads-25 /rajzswap-official-build-thread-6358/ that is how it started pull pics off there if you can.

http:/ /www. toyotaminis. com/forum/ build-up-project-threads-25/ 2jz-build-9579/

I put spaces in the link so you just got to put it back together lol

Thanks a lot man!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trying to get one started on here but having some issues with permissions. If you check out the links that is the built but on another forum. And Mad thanks a lot for posting the pics of it up!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look up 892jz in youtube and you should get to videos of the truck. Oh and my sister is not a very good video taker lol so sorry for the bad quality. Had no slicks on it and it was about 90 outside. Truck was not liking the hot weather at all either. best time was 14.2 at 104 with nothing but wheel spin till the end of 3rd. Truck was running stock boost as well. As of now we are running 16psi.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice setup man...i bet thats scary fast in that little truck..now you need some sort of weight to keep the rear end on the ground...thats one helluva sleeper, oh do something with the hood.. I had a truck like that years back and i remember that they're different style hood with different style scoops for your truck...other than that, keep us posted....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it for sure is a sleeper lol. I will keep you all posted waiting on some parts to come in going to be redoing the fuel system later this month with the FIC fuel kit and 900cc H-z injectors running dual walbro 255lph. And now the hood is just temp for now. that engine bay is just not meant to expel the amount of heat a 2jz makes. 22r compared to a single 2jz is a big difference lol. I want to get a custom fiberglass one made when I get it painted. Probably will do a fiberglass bed as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lots of guys have messed with MAP ECU. There is a member here, Irish_supra doing a GTE swap into his IS300, he's running MAP ECU that he's wired in himself. If there's anyone to talk to about that, I'd message him for sure.

P.S. I like your BOV, I plan to run Synapse as well :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.