Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've PMed EXILE87 about his (but haven't heard back) and am just looking to find someone who's familiar with the wiring... His threads/profile indicates someone else up there may be the wire guy.

I am using the Aristo's engine set, harness and ECU. Ordered an Apex rev/speed meter so that I can get an accurate MPH reading, as well as output the speed signal to the ECU. I will be installing it this weekend and am trying to get things set (as far as keeping the auto), since it was not something I dealt with in my last swap and am not that familiar with....

Anyways,
If you know some of the wiring details, I'd be interested in talking with ya and confirming some of the assumptions/plans I have.

thanx in advance....

Elvis
[email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry, I don't come around here alot anymore. Anyways my 2JZ swap isn't finished yet, the wiring is mostly done, and yes someone else did the wiring but he dosen't come on here at all I don't think, his name is Junior donno what his S/N is. The motor is mounted in the car and the wire harness is all hooked up but there is no drive shaft yet and I havent really looked into the "shift linkage" for the auto trans not to mention the speedo and all that fun stuff. I paid a shop for the install and wiring but their lease on the building they had ran out and they rushed the swap so the stuff like the wiring and other things I'm just starting to notice got extreamly half-assed by my standards so I'll probly be going back and redoing the wiring harness and alot of other stuff on my own. Sorry I have no really good info on using the Aristo auto trans but I'm starting to think its a waste of my time keeping it auto, I hope you have better luck, if I figure something out I'll let you know. :sad:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting the driveshaft done now and using an Apexi for the speed/RPM signals, so that I don't have to use the 7M speedo cable. I figured that's where I was apt to have the issues.

Wiring-wise, I think I'm sitting pretty good... no known wiring issues (yet) and looks like we've addressed all the open questions and common obstacles... Lemme know if I can help. thanx.

E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts